What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

X-Men: Evolution - Any word on the rest of season 2?! (1 Viewer)

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
I just picked up the 4 DVD's that comprise the complete first season. It seems to be selling pretty well, as I've seen it come in and sell out at most of the stores I frequent. And I was wondering if anyone's heard any rumblings that the WB was going to put out the rest of the second season anytime soon?

As many know, this was not the first X-Men: Evolution DVD release. WB released the first 4 episodes of Season 2 on DVD on 4/22/2003. To tie in with the release of X2 at the theaters. It is weird that they'd choose to release those episodes first, to tie into the movie release. Ah well, WB can make some odd decisions.

Some of the best Evo episodes take place during Season 2. Especially the introduction of Beast, 'The Beast of Bayville', which was originally planned to be the 5th Episode on the first release. There's still 13 episodes from Season 2 to release. They could easily be fit on 4 more DVD's. And then they can start to work on Season 3. :)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Looks like X-Men Evolution is getting another release. Though it's not the rest of Season 2, atleast not yet. But X-Men Evolution: Powers Revealed is being released on 2/10/2004. It will follow the same pattern as the 1st Season 2 DVD. Containing 4 episodes with a few extras. Here's the info from Animated Bliss. Hope the rest of Season 2 comes out soon after. :)
X-Men Evolution: Powers Revealed
Street Date: 2/10/04
MSRP: $14.98
Format: DVD
Run Time: 85
Closed Captioning: Yes
Original Aspect Ratio - 1.33 - Standard [4:3 Transfer]
Subtitles: English, Francais, Espanol
Sound Quality: Dolby Surround Stereo - English, Dolby Surround Stereo - French, Stereo - Spanish

This great collection includes the following 4 X-Men Evolution episodes:

1) The Beast of Bayville: In an attempt to quell his growing animal instincts, Bayville High Teacher Hank McCoy tests a serum on himself, and unleashes the beast within.

2) Adrift: During Scott's visit to Hawaii, he attempts to rescue his brother, Alex, who has been pulled out to sea on his surfboard during a terrible storm.

3) On Angel's Wings: A new mutant appears in New York during the Christmas holiday Angel (Warren K. Worthington III), who wants to be the guardian angel of the city, and publicly help people. But his actions are bringing unwanted attention.

4) African Storm: Just as Evan's slacker attitude prompts the decision to send him back to his parents, Storm's state of mind is questioned when she hallucinates that ghostly shadows are haunting her. Or perhaps she's not hallucinating....

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
I have a feeling that we'll probably see two more X-Men Evolution discs in 2004... finishing off the last of the S2 eps... one in the summer, another in the fall. This is just speculation on my part though.

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Thanks Joshua. It's nice to see that atleast X-Men: Evolution is getting a proper release on DVD. It may not be season sets, but atleast they are following the correct order, and not doing 'Best Ofs'. I'm really glad to get this release though, as it includes my favorite episode of all time. "Beast of Bayville", which was actually originally supposed to be a 5th Episode on the first Season 2 DVD. :)

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
X-Men Evolution 2.3: Enemies Unveiled - 6/29

About time we got another release. I really like this show, and wish WB would do Season sets. Especially since the show is no longer on the air. But I guess I'll have to make do with a release every few months or so. Here's the news from TVShowsOnDVD.com. Follow the link at the end to see a small pic of the disc art. :)

Wolverine and Captain America join forces against Magneto and his quest for Mutant domination, in X-Men: Evolution - Season 2 Vol 3: Enemies Unveiled. In this, the 7th release in the highly popular DVD series (and the third featuring episodes from Season 2), look for the episode "Operation: Rebirth" that introduces not only Captain America but also Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D.

A total of four episodes will be on this single-disc release, which clocks in at 85 minutes running time. Since the episodes appear to be released in production order, expect this item to contain "Joyride," "Walk on the Wild Side," "Operation: Rebirth," and "Mindbender".

The release date is 6/29, and the cost is $14.97 SRP. Full-screen video is the way you'll see this, and you can only have English audio. But subtitles are available in English, French, and Spanish. This disc is also closed captioned for the hearing impaired.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mayrel2015
Recent bookmarks