What's new

Happy Days: Any Hope for More Seasons? (1 Viewer)

Caproni

Second Unit
Real Name
DRB
I use to watch HAPPY DAYS a lot when it aired weekday evenings on INSP. It immediately followed THE BRADY BUNCH. I always liked it, and I bought the first six seasons in a bundle from Walmart for like $35 five or six years ago. I know for the longest time only the first four seasons were out, and then finally seasons five and six saw the light of day on DVD.

Is there anything lurking out there concerning why no further season sets have come out? I'd just about bet it has something to do with some music rights or something similar. It's usually music rights that get shows like this tied up.

There's another five seasons of HAPPY DAYS that need to be released, that is if the goal is to eventually have all the episodes out to purchase officially. Both LAVERNE & SHIRLEY (the show this viewer personally prefers) and MORK & MINDY (which was good its first year, but then got shot in the head) have been out in their entirety for some time now.

It's really probably a long shot to hope the rest of HAPPY DAYS will one day come out. But at least we got the famous "jump the shark" moment released officially, and boy, does it look pretty on DVD.

1599763991795.png

rmw650

Second Unit
Real Name
Richard W
I'm thinking so long as there are musical numbers that need to be cleared, we may not see any more seasons of this show forthcoming but again, anything can happen. Hell, I'm still waiting for Empty Nest to come out in full and the last two seasons of The Muppet Show.

Caproni

Second Unit
Real Name
DRB
Well, those later seasons of HAPPY DAYS do included more musical numbers. Potsie sings a lot, and I know there was a lot built up around Joanie and Chachi singing. I'm not entirely sure, but if any of those songs have ties, that's probably the hold up.

The same ole story.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
It's really probably a long shot to hope the rest of HAPPY DAYS will one day come out. But at least we got the famous "jump the shark" moment released officially, and boy, does it look pretty on DVD.

Kind of ironic the DVD sets stopped after that season.

Being someone that actually prefers the last few season over the first few, I hope the rest are released on DVD, or at the very least available to stream digitally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMB9
Recent bookmarks