What's new

With a Friend Like Harry... Any Specs ? (1 Viewer)

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Apparently it's out on 10/23, but I don't know the specs of the disc.
I've heard next-to-nothing about this title.
Any information on With a Friend Like Harry.

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
I am intrigued by this title, but I have not seen the movie. I will pick it up after reading the reviews. As far as I can tell from the DVD Planet site, it is a barebones Buena Vista release in 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen. The US pre-order price is $23 ! Are all Buena Vista titles this expensive ? (the only one I own is The Insider).

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Any reviews of this title yet? Anyone have it already?
I have it on pre-order at Amazon, and it hasn't shipped yet. I'm a little nervous that it will not be anamorphic because I see some contradictions between sites.

Ugo Scarlata

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not the only one interested in this title, am I?
I liked the film and have it on order from Amazon as well. But it will be shipped along with some November releases, in order to save on shipping charges.
Other than the video and audio quality, I'd also like to be sure that the subtitles can be disabled. That's usually the case for Miramax releases, but you never know....
wink.gif

Cheers,
------------------
[ http://ugo.scarlata.it/?pid=about&cid=3

AaronJB

Second Unit
Went out and bought it sight-unseen so I could have a review.
The review below isn't quite final, but it's close enough so I thought it would give an idea about the disc to those interested.
DVD REVIEW: With A Friend Like Harry
[Edited last by AaronJB on October 21, 2001 at 06:49 AM]

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the review Aaron.
This is the closest I've read a first review of a DVD before the release date (2 days). I always like have the option of cancelling an order if I find out the transfer is subpar.
It's anamorphic and the transfer sounds decent enough that I will let my order stand.
Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks