What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Disney has released a second volume of classic animated shorts featuring Mickey Mouse and friends, appropriately titled Mickey & Friends: 10 Classic Shorts Volume 2.

The Band Concert (1935)

Released: 23 Feb 1935
Rated: Approved
Runtime: 9 min

Director: Wilfred Jackson
Genre: Animation, Short, Comedy

Cast: Pinto Colvig, Clarence Nash
Writer(s): N/A

Plot: Mickey is a frustrated bandleader dealing with obnoxious peanut vendor and flute player Donald, who tries to persuade the band to play "Turkey in the Straw," and a cyclone hits before his concert of "William Tell Overture" is comp...

IMDB rating: 7.8
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information

Studio: Disney
Distributed By: N/A
Video Resolution: 1080P/AVC...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Thanks again Todd, for venturing forth into the untrammeled mine field that is Mickey and Friends. One could grouse about this release in a manner that might rival the giddiest roast at the Friar's Club, but you have carefully expressed the pros and cons in ways that are not only helpful but impressive.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I purchased both volumes of the 10 Classic Shorts, but only recently watched them.

WOW, the interstitials are truly annoying and I was quickly frustrated that they didn't put chapter breaks between them and the cartoons. Once I saw that they were not able to be jumped over, I ripped the discs and edited out those annoying "bumpers", so I could enjoy the actual cartoons.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
As much I want the classic shorts on Blu, these compilations come off as cash grabs with no regard for collectors. Annoying bumpers, lossy audio, only 10 shorts for $16-20 and already most of Celebrating Mickey shorts made redundant.

Disney should cancel this series and take a note from Warner Archive, who puts twice as many cartoons per disc and uses lossless audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.