What's new

Wireless atmos options (1 Viewer)

Rocco415

Grip
Real Name
Lou
Has anyone toyed with using sonos play1 or play 3's as an Atmos height channel? I've been shying away from getting into atmos because I live in an Apt and I dont want to run the cables in wall and I dont want to see them. Is it possible to use a wireless option?

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
This could be difficult to pull off, as you'd be going through a SONOS connect and it may introduce latency you don't really want, not to mention level matching would be manual as you turn up your system volume.

Is wireless a must have, or are you willing to run cable on the wall?

You can use something like these: http://www.command.com/3M/en_US/com...-Clips?N=5924736+3294529207+3294737338&rt=rud and run your cable there physically, while still making it removable.

If hiding it is important, you could also use regular raceway: http://www.cableorganizer.com/surface-raceways/ but attach it to the wall with command strips so you can remove without paint damage.

Rocco415

Grip
Real Name
Lou
I live in a manhattan apt so its just more to reverse when I move but ultimately it isnt the end of the world as long as I can keep the holes smallish. My question was really theoretical. Planning my progression path right now and I was wondering if anyone had gone that road before or if there are any wireless options.

I am however, very open to suggestions on other options for height channels and how to make it look clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks