What's new

Wide Issue (1 Viewer)

Lee_eel

Second Unit
I know that the pan and scan dvd issues are causing some concern at the moment. How likely is it that all dvd's will be fullscreen (including major releases) in the future. Could HD discs fall into the same trap or is this technology wasted on 4:3 screens. I personally hope that widescreen is around for good!

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
I've thought of this myself. If and when HD-DVD becomes more mainstream (keyword: IF) and, shudder, Wal-Mart starts carrying them, won't this fullscreen debacle just start all over again?

Daniel J

Stunt Coordinator
How likely is it that all dvd's will be fullscreen (including major releases) in the future. Could HD discs fall into the same trap or is this technology wasted on 4:3 screens. I personally hope that widescreen is around for good!
[shameless troll]
I think you should go out side and get some fresh air.
Repeat after me:
*Widescreen will not solve all of my problems.
*OAR is not more important than sleeping or showering.
*My time would be better spent in some form interaction with real people than posting paranoid speculations on an online forum.
[/shameless troll]
;)
Widescreen is not better than tallscreen.
16:9 is not better than 4:3
Panavision is not the be-all aand end-all of lense/negative types.
And yes, HD-DVD will be 16:9 native, being designed to carry HD material...

Lee_eel

Second Unit
Daniel, i am well aware that widescreen is not the most important issue in the world. But this is a Home Theatre Forum. It is used to raise concerns about home theatre which is exactly what i have done. I find your attitide pathetic. You talk about interaction with real people. If you act towards people the way you did on this forum with me you won't interact with many people yourself. Now go away and complete your homework and let us adults discuss what we are supposed to be discussing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks