Wide Issue

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lee_eel, Sep 28, 2002.

1. Lee_eel

Lee_eel Second Unit

I know that the pan and scan dvd issues are causing some concern at the moment. How likely is it that all dvd's will be fullscreen (including major releases) in the future. Could HD discs fall into the same trap or is this technology wasted on 4:3 screens. I personally hope that widescreen is around for good!

2. Scott D S

Scott D S Supporting Actor

Scott Saslow
    I've thought of this myself. If and when HD-DVD becomes more mainstream (keyword: IF) and, shudder, Wal-Mart starts carrying them, won't this fullscreen debacle just start all over again?

3. Daniel J

Daniel J Stunt Coordinator

4. Lee_eel

Lee_eel Second Unit

Daniel, i am well aware that widescreen is not the most important issue in the world. But this is a Home Theatre Forum. It is used to raise concerns about home theatre which is exactly what i have done. I find your attitide pathetic. You talk about interaction with real people. If you act towards people the way you did on this forum with me you won't interact with many people yourself. Now go away and complete your homework and let us adults discuss what we are supposed to be discussing.