What's new

Press Release Shout! Studios Press Release: The Police Academy Collection (1984-1994) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
4e509af7-13a3-4581-9a09-bd52934e97b9.jpg
SHOUT! SELECT
PRESENTS

THE POLICE ACADEMY COLLECTION​

FEATURING ALL SEVEN COMEDY HITS, NEW 2K SCANS,
SPECIAL BONUS CONTENT AND MORE
IN ONE COLLECTIBLE 5-DISC BLU-RAY™ SET!​
b1195f24-1c7e-4e48-bdf9-1c67470a1770.jpg
OWN IT ON NOVEMBER 21, 2023​

Just in time for the holidays! The complete collection of all seven hilarious POLICE ACADEMY films is coming to home entertainment shelves on November 21, 2023 from Shout! Select. Available for the first time in North America, THE POLICE ACADEMY COLLECTION 5-Disc Blu-ray™ set contains POLICE ACADEMY, POLICE ACADEMY 2: THEIR FIRST ASSIGNMENT, POLICE ACADEMY 3: BACK IN TRAINING, POLICE ACADEMY 4: CITIZENS ON PATROL, POLICE ACADEMY 5: ASSIGNMENT MIAMI BEACH, POLICE ACADEMY 6: CIT UNDER SIEGE and POLICE ACADEMY: MISSION TO MOSCOW. A must-have for loyal fans and movie collectors, this definitive home entertainment release boasts NEW 2K scans of the interpositives, new special content and interviews, and more! Pre-order is available now at ShoutFactory.com
The call went out. The recruits came in. No longer would police cadets have to meet standards of height, weight and other pesky requirements. Brains were optional, too. Can't spell IQ? Don't know the number for 911? No matter. Police Academy grads are ready to uphold law and disorder! Among the funniest and most memorable comedy series to ever spill wildly across the screen, the Police Academy films are an absolutely mandatory part of any film collection! And hey ... be careful out there.

THE POLICE ACADEMY COLLECTION | 5-Disc Blu-ray™
· Includes all 7 films!
· NEW 2K Scans of the Interpositives
· NEW Featurettes with brand-new interviews including Producer Paul Maslansky, Writers Neal Israel and Pat Proft, Actors Lance Kinsey and G.W. Bailey, Composer Robert Folk, Assistant Director Roger Joseph Pugliese, and Directors Alan Myerson and Peter Bonerz.
· NEW Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol Audio Commentary with film historian Russell Dyball
· Poice Academy Audio Commentary with stars Steve Guttenberg, Michael Winslow, Leslie Easterbrook, Director Hugh Wilson, and Producer Paul Maslansky.
· Archival Featurettes
· Additional Scenes
· Theatrical Trailers

Disc 1
POLICE ACADEMY (1080p High-Definition Widescreen (1.85:1) / DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Dual Mono / 96 min.)

Disc 2
POLICE ACADEMY 2: THEIR FIRST ASSIGNMENT (1080p High-Definition Widescreen (1.85:1) / DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Dual Mono / 87 min.)

POLICE ACADEMY 3: BACK IN TRAINING (1080p High-Definition Widescreen (1.85:1) / DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Dual Mono / 83 min.)

Disc 3
POLICE ACADEMY 4: CITIZENS ON PATROL (1080p High-Definition Widescreen (1.85:1) / DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Dual Mono / 88 min.)

POLICE ACADEMY 5: ASSIGNMENT MIAMI BEACH (1080p High-Definition Widescreen (1.85:1) / DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Dual Mono / 90 min.)

Disc 4
POLICE ACADEMY 6: CITY UNDER SIEGE (1080p High-Definition Widescreen (1.85:1) / DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Dual Mono / 84 min.)

POLICE ACADEMY: MISSION TO MOSCOW (1080p High-Definition Widescreen (1.85:1) / DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Stereo / 83 min.)

Disc 5
Bonus Features

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
YES!!!!! hoping for original aspect ratios on 3&4, as the DVD inexplicably had full screen crops on only those two.

I’ll get this for sure! Pure dumb entertainment. Don’t care that they are terrible, they’re just fun.

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
I grew up on these films, and can remember cracking up alongside my cousins when we watched them in our youth (with other stuff like The Naked Gun and Airplane). However, they just don't have the same sense of nostalgia for me anymore, which I found happens with a lot of these older comedies that once made me laugh, i.e. Porky's, Revenge of the Nerds, Dumb and Dumber, Ace Ventura...

I believe I had most of them on VHS, taped off of HBO, LOL.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
You'd think with today's technology, these older titles could be remastered in Atmos or at least 5.1. The first one is an absolute gem, the second tolerable and the rest forgettable. Since I already own the DVD set, I see nothing compelling in this one.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
What's odd is that I watched City Under Siege at least a dozen times when I was a kid and also liked Mission to Moscow. Probably the only one on the planet that has a nostalgia for the last two films in the series.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
While I'm sure Michael Winslow's vocal sound effects would be absolutely epic in Atmos, I don't know that there would be much ROI for the rest of the movie(s).
Pop in the first disc and listen to the opening thunder storms.

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
I remember owning the first film on DVD as one of Warner's snapper case releases, and it had a 1.0 mono audio track; I ended up getting rid of it, though I don't know why.

I loved these films growing up, but I recall just growing disinterested after awhile as the sequels rolled on. I had them all taped off HBO at one point in my youth, and I think it was after Mission to Moscow that I had realized the franchise came off the rails.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
The filmmakers must have finally realized it then too: AFAIK, that was the last movie in the franchise.
There was the short lived tv series, and they were planning to remake the original film with much of the original cast. But the director and a few of the cast have passed away, so that ended that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks