What's new

Why the lyric change for "Your Song" in Moulin Rouge? (1 Viewer)

Patrick G

Second Unit
Instead of How wonderful life is while you're in the world, it's How wonderful life is NOW you're in the world

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Probably to reflect the fact that Christian had just met her, where the original lyrics implied a standing relationship.

Sebastian_A

Stunt Coordinator
Chad is absolutely correct - WHILE you're in the world cannot be used with a relationship that is not even there yet, so, for Christian, she is NOW in the world, and life just got wonderful that very moment.
Not a slipup, just correctness.
Sebastian. :)

John P Grosskopf

Second Unit
Chad is absolutely correct - WHILE you're in the world cannot be used with a relationship that is not even there yet, so, for Christian, she is NOW in the world, and life just got wonderful that very moment.
To be even more correct, the lyrics could have been:
"How wonderful life is now you're in my world."
It's obvious she's been in the world before he met her, but now she is in the realm of his experience (world). That would have a more definitive reworking of the lyrics. It would also work well when she sings it as well since he brought the song into her world.
...or it may just be be a flub:D
I've always been bugged by Bono getting Helter Sketlter wrong in Rattle and Hum.
Bono: "You ain't no lover but you ain't no dancer"
Beatles: "You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer"
Bono's lyrics do not make sense gramatically or logically:angry:

Joel C

Screenwriter
They did the same thing with Like a Virgin.

"Feel your heart beat next to mine" is changed to "feel your hearts beat close in time," because the former wouldn't make sense for Zidler to sing to the Duke.

I guess it all falls under the realm of "artistic license." They also changed the arrangement and instrumentation of all the songs as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks