What's new

Why Is My SVS Rattling? (1 Viewer)

John Sturge

Stunt Coordinator
(This message is on here, since I wonder if this has happend to others, not just me)
While I was listening to Pink Floyd's "Welcome To The Machine"(the beginning) from their Wish You Were Here Album, my SVS 20-39pc rattled, not just a bit, A LOT So I turned it off and check everything. I checked the grill, and it was fine, everywhere else was fine. I am starting to think this might be happening inside the sub in the amp section. I dont know what to do, or where to look. I also do not want to cause any further damage by using bass heavy material.
Also, it's the sub, not the room. I checked it numerous times. I seperated it from the room, and even put a concrete clab under it, to see if I wasn't hearing things.
Please Help :frowning: :frowning:

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

KevinHunt

Stunt Coordinator
John, don't worry, the SVS Calvary is on the way. They'll right your wrong. I would run over to their site and fire off an e-mail to their tech support though.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Hi John,
If there's anything *in* the subwoofer rattling...then's there is obviously something wrong with it. The amp uses several circuit cards so there could be something loose there. And if the driver is out of tolerance at all...it could also cause some noise at decent excursion levels. We do test every PC before we box them...but you never know what kind of knocks the subwoofer might go thru in shipping.
This is obviously somethine SVS will repair/replace at our expense...all you have to do is email us and will arrange for UPS to pick up the sub. Our repair/replace turnaround time is usually < 48 hours...so we do our best to make sure you aren't *subless* for very long :)
TV

John Sturge

Stunt Coordinator
Came back today. It seems the driver needs some breaking in for some reason. Damn, all the settings I had are gone too. Hopefully the rattling has ceased.
:) :) :) IIIIIIIIII Got My Subwooha!

Al_Swanson

Agent
I had the same issue! Turned out to be a rattle on one of the printed circuit board. Got Tom/Ron to send me out a replacement amp - 10 minutes later, sweet silence. OK, not silence! It IS an SVS after all! But no more rattling. I wasn't able to figure it out till I had the amp out and bumped it against the amp mount. It made the same sound and by repeating that a couple times, I found (but couldn't repair) the source.

Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks