What's new

WHV Announcement: What's Up Doc; National Lampoons Vacation; European Vacation (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
My favorite all-time comedy, "What's Up Doc?"

Can't wait!

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I would guess they had to change the cover art to these not so great looking photoshop pieces due to maybe ? original artwork issues? Otherwise I can't see why they would try to make them look so bad.

What's Up Doc is a day one purchase.

Wish the Vacation films were being released a bit sooner than the later summer release date of August 10th but that is cool. Bad cover art as it, I will still buy the Blus.

I wonder if WB's will be using the Pointer Sisters I'm So Excited back in the film or if they are gonna use the June Pointer song instead?

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
That's some terrible cover art for the Vacation flicks, but I'm nevertheless quite looking forward to watching them on Blu-ray. Now bring on the unfairly-maligned Vegas Vacation!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Great news regarding the Vacation films -- both are personal favorites. I do agree that the cover art is terrible (did someone actually get paid to create that?), but it's the movies that matter.

"Hey kids! Big Ben... Parliament!"

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
I love the Vacation movies as well. I didn't even know they recorded commentaries for a previous DVD release. I'll definitely be purchasing at some point.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I'm in for day and date buys of all three! I've been waiting for the vacation films to come to Blu-ray for a looooong time.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Why not a 4-disc Vacation boxed set?
With every other series getting a collection, why ignore this one?

The Vacation art is ridiculous too. Really a poor job. Can't believe they spent money paying a "designer" to do that.

Having said all that, I still look forward to owning all the Vacation BDs.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Originally Posted by David Deeb

Why not a 4-disc Vacation boxed set?
With every other series getting a collection, why ignore this one?
Personally, I am glad these are being released individually. I already own Christmas Vacation, and have no desire to own Vegas Vacation.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
On the bright side, What's Up Doc does have the original artwork. But I agree wholeheartedly about the Vacation films' covers. Clark Griswold could have done a better job using MS Paint without reading the instructions first. I can imagine the artist was probably forced to do it by upper management and was thinking "For this I went to art school?" while artlessly photoshopping the shots.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
There's no way I'm buying Vacation with that cover art. If I'm going to have to look at crappy cover art, I'll wait for the inevitable double feature release.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I'll wait for the inevitable double feature release.
It would be nice if it was a double feature to begin with. Doesn't seem like the extras are copious enough to preclude the two movies from fitting on a BD-50 (as a matter of fact, if the press release is mentioning everything, they're dropping extras from the DVD release of Vacation. I don't know if I like European enough to pay a standard price for it, I wouldn't mind having it though.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
I will be getting both Vacation movies on release day.

Both are huge favorites of mine and the DVDs have been spen numerous times. LOVE these films!!!!!!!

The cover art? Good lord. Ugly, ugly, ugly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks