What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
The holiday favorite National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation arrives on 4K UHD Blu-ray with a nice 4K transfer and not much else.

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (1989)

Released: 01 Dec 1989
Rated: PG-13
Runtime: 97 min

Director: Jeremiah S. Chechik
Genre: Comedy

Cast: Chevy Chase, Beverly D'Angelo, Juliette Lewis
Writer(s): John Hughes

Plot: The Griswold family's plans for a big family Christmas predictably turn into a big disaster.

IMDB rating: 7.5
MetaScore: 49

Disc Information

Studio: Warner Brothers
Distributed By: N/A
Video Resolution: 2160p HEVC w/HDR

Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
Audio: English 2.0 DTS-HDMA, English 5.1 DTS-HDMA, Spanish 2.0 DD, French 2.0...

Continue reading...

dagover

Agent
Real Name
Brian
I've owned the Special Edition dvd for 19 years and decided it's time I upgrade to UHD. I skipped the blu-ray as reviews were not that good. My wife and I aren't fans of the other vacation films (I only remember seeing 2 others), but this one is one we watch over Christmas. It's got some funny scenes, and Galecki is less annoying than anything he's been in since.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Can anyone explain to me what has happened here? I don't understand.. Why those tracks have been removed? Was it an error initially? I don't remember what was going on in this scene.
Ask3W1a.jpeg

8mViVk4.jpeg

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
Can anyone explain to me what has happened here? I don't understand.. Why those tracks have been removed? Was it an error initially? I don't remember what was going on in this scene.

So weird. Even if that was a production flub, it's not like the scene doesn't provide plenty of excuse for why the hill would have multiple sets of tracks in the snow. How could this have really bothered someone enough that they'd feel the need to digitally erase it?

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I am sure this is the first time I have ever owned it on home video but will have to go through my dvd's later when I am ready to organize them. I did do a large purge of movies on DVD that I had ether upgraded to bluray or 4K bluray but everything was duplicates. I do plan on watching Christmas Vacation soon as I have not seen it in many years.

20221117_170416.jpg

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Ask3W1a.jpeg

8mViVk4.jpeg
The shot is at the 50:21 mark. Those lines in the the snow are where the pryotechnics are placed to show how fast Clark is going on the sled/saucer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks