What's new

Whoo! Axioms and SVS in and set up! (1 Viewer)

Patrick.B

Auditioning
Wow, what an improvement. I had been using the in-TV speakers for a year or two but finally bought a system for it. I got the M8tis for mains and an SVS 16-46 PCi for a sub. No center or surrounds yet (that's coming in a few weeks). Wow! Parts of the soundtrack I didn't even know existed are clear and loud! I went with the Onkyo 803 receiver since the Axioms are 4 ohms. I think the only one that doesn't like the new system is the dog! The bass is a little too much for him.I listened to M&Ks, Paradigms, a brand called Sapphire and some Bose (salesmen just love to show that stuff and I didn't have the heart to tell him no). The Paradigms actually sounded great but I felt I could save money by getting an internet direct speaker (which got rave reviews, by the way) and setting it up myself as opposed to paying a few hundred for a local guy to do it for me. He even admitted I could do it myself but that was how he made his money. But anyway, I went with the Onkyo, Axioms and SVS and couldn't be happier! I can't wait to get the other 3 speakers in!

Lee-c

Supporting Actor
That's what you call a major sound upgrade. :) The SVS is no doubt a huge improvement in bass.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Glad you did the upgrade... your gonna love those movies now... Especially with that SVS sub.. nothin like a good sub at home to keep you out of the movie theaters... haha.
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks