What's new

Who wants one of these 18"ers??? (1 Viewer)

chris_hunigan

Stunt Coordinator
Hailan I am with you on this. That is going to be one heavy mofo. With a 3 cube box made of 3/4" MDF + the 89 lbs BEAST, talk about trunk sag!!!

Cree

chris_hunigan

Stunt Coordinator
Yes it could. Heavily braced while the driver faces in an upfire position would be quite adequate. Although I have a company in town that makes their boxes out of 1-1/8" MDF. And the box that I have now is made out of 1-1/8" MDF. That is plenty thick!

Cree

Noed*B

Grip
The Beast-II is not scheduled for production, and there is no pre-order. IF there's enough interest, there is a group purchase.

Thilo (TC-Sounds owner and driver designer / bass head extraordinair) is bending over backwards to do the group an enormous favor. His minimum purchase for an OEM is ordinarily 500 units. And you have to be a commercial manufacturer to purchase from him. We obviously are not.

The group purchase occurs once TC-Sounds is paid for a minimum of 15 units. Once the group purchase order is placed, whatever is ordered is all he will build.

Thus-far we've seen little serious interest, that being the case, we haven't bothered them with it. Once, and if there is enough interest, we'll start working on dates.

Noed*B

Grip
The Beast-II is not scheduled for production, and there is no pre-order. IF there's enough interest, there is a group purchase.

Thilo (TC-Sounds owner and driver designer / bass head extraordinair) is bending over backwards to do the group an enormous favor. His minimum purchase for an OEM is ordinarily 500 units. And you have to be a commercial manufacturer to purchase from him. We obviously are not.

The group purchase occurs once TC-Sounds is paid for a minimum of 15 units. Once the group purchase order is placed, whatever is ordered is all he will build.

Thus-far we've seen little serious interest, that being the case, we haven't bothered them with it. Once, and if there is enough interest, we'll start working on dates.

Hailan R

Agent
im interested in 1 for sure and maybe a second if jim could bring them up to me in buffallo like he stated previously.......

Noed*B

Grip
Ok fella's. Spoke with Thilo a couple days ago. We're building a beta (group purchase) 18 to verify the surround / throw / etc. Soon as he's paid, roughly 8 weeks later he will have the pole steel and magnets (he has to order them special, doesn't keep it in stock) and coils. Coils will be dual 4 ohm 4 layers flat wound (total of 8 layers), 3.4 - 3.5" long on Al former. (60% rejection rate on Ti due to the pressure biting through the anodization, and shorting coils. He's working on the process. Once he has a reasonable rejection rate, he'll use them in future woofs)The Al vs Ti coil will increase electromagnetic damping (decrease Qms) some. The surround we're using will increase moving mass some. I am also increasing compliance. Soon as we have the new specs, Jim get them up. Looking for Qts .28/.31, Fs 18hz, vas 250L, Mms 550 to 600g, and Sd will be increased to .1300 sqm. (1" wide surround, with tall profile and linear excursion to 38mm.) Cone is a fiberglass / nomex honeycomb composite. Black. Once I have specs, we'll let you all know. If there is enough interest, we'll let you know it's on :)

Hailan R

Agent
dual 4 ohm :frowning:

no one is gonna use this as an 8 ohm sub so this kinda leaves 2 ohm operation and 4ohm(1coil shorted) open. so why not incorporate dual 2ohm coils would make 1ohm, 2ohm and 4 ohm possible, witch is a lot more attractive for me anyways.......

A

Anthony_Gomez

8ohms means that I could only use 1600watts of the K2. 4ohms means 2500watts. 8ohms isn't very attractive.

Noed*B

Grip
"Is the Le going to remain 6.6mh, and is there still going to be a copper faraday in use?"

It's not possible to tell what the Le will be. There will be MORE copper in this motor, and the Alu former will further affect Le.

"so why not incorporate dual 2ohm coils would make 1ohm, 2ohm and 4 ohm possible, witch is a lot more attractive for me anyways......."

Not a bad idea. I was actually shooting for dual amp opperation with 4 ohms nom being the most reliable z Prosound amps are rated into. I can't get enough wattage out of a single outlet with a single amp at 120 volts to make this thing brake a sweat.

"8ohms means that I could only use 1600watts of the K2. 4ohms means 2500watts. 8ohms isn't very attractive."

They can be single, dual or quad 1, 2, 3, or 4 ohm coils. Wwhat do you guys want?

Hailan R

Agent
me personnally db id be interested in the dual 2 ohm coils or quad 4 ohm. Quad 4ohm might be interesting as well since it could prolly provide a little better efficiency when set up as 1 ohm and more then likelly have more power handling. And the configurations with quad coils is pretty impresive and maybe even quad amps @ 4 ohm. And quite frankly quad voice coils always made my head turn hehe. But considering quad coils probably means a price increase as well.... All in all what im looking for is 1ohm,2ohm and 4ohm operation possibilities as these are the more pratical IMO.

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
Depending on the when the order will be placed will determine if I'd participate, two months from now I'm in but for now I'm out with way too many bills.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I think Dual 4 ohms will be fine. Most people will have to use 2 ohm stable amps to properly power these puppies anyways.

A

Anthony_Gomez

most amps that are 2 ohm stable, are only so in stereo mode. I do not know of any amp (except stuff like the Krell MRS amps) that are stable into 2ohms bridged.

Noed*B

Grip
News:

We don't have enough real interest to be able to do this through just this board and I don't have the disposable income to drop the required $25,000 to order 50 on my own, so I am working other avenues to get these out. We'll wait till 'produc spc.' proto has been measured, and post to DIYAudio/Bass List / Maddisound / AVS / Here / Etc and see what we can get.

Currently we're waiting on pole steel for the prototype. We had to special order it. If people decide they want these and enough interest can by drummed up, I have to PRE_PAY the vendor. Once he's paid, he'll put the build in his 'que. They have recently been having serious trouble meeting dates and not communicating with their customers, so I won't promise ANYTHING timeline wise till I KNOW we're in the Que and the parts are IN HOUSE.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks