All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Those ordering should also note that whatever format you're ordering, you're only getting that format. Both packages list only one disc, so those that order the 4K version should not expect it will also include the blu-ray.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Won't it be available from amazon and other shops?
Or are you talking about the limited edition?
it's a bit confusing still. The original promo that was in conjuction with the TCM Film Feast was for 200 copies with the signed poster. this latest shout is for the general release, so not really sure that sounds like a limited release, or not.
With a drop date of Sept 26th 22, this seems to be a sales "fishing expedition" to see just how much interest there might be, by region? This maybe the reason why they're just targeting the US market forst, to guage the responces here and then go global..?

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Good job. But...I don't even see that this is included on the upcoming disc! Plus, for the price they're asking, a scholarly commentary (from say, Scott McQueen) would have been nice.
At this point, Ignite is being very tight liped about what is and is not in the final offering...

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I’ll pass at these prices. To me, a high regular price is in the $30’s
I see this a Twilight Time style release, just so many and then they'er gone!! You snooze you lose...Life has enough issues, no need to quibble over a couple of bucks, if you truly want the film, right? All of us that bought into the TCM promo round paid more than this, and I'm fine with it!! But that me, LOL!!! This is one of the big titles for my collection, and I'm thrilled to add it in!!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I was a laserdisc collector back in the day, so high prices for limited/collector editions are in my dusty memory. I also remember when VHS tapes were released at nearly $100 each so that only movie rental stores could afford them. Probably why I have few qualms about paying higher prices to import some items from Europe and Japan if it's something I really want. But given the times we live in, I understand some may not have the means to do so.

I thought about buying this, but I'm young-ish (at least relative to the release date of this film) and have no memory of ever seeing this, so nostalgia is not an issue. Having watched a couple of the trailers, I don't think it's anything I would watch more than once.

honorszombie

Auditioning
Real Name
Scout Tafoya
At this point, Ignite is being very tight liped about what is and is not in the final offering...
Hey there, I'm a blu-ray special features creator/producer working with the Ignite team on this release and all the details on the disc are/have been made available, and having seen these first hand over the last several weeks, they're all very exciting. There's a lot of insight from MacQueen about the process of restoring the film, plus testimony from some of its most beloved champions. I hope you guys get yourselves a copy, this is going to be a very special release. I can't wait to get my hands on my copy.
  • Interviews with star Jimmy Hunt, William Cameron Menzies’ biographer James Curtis and recollections of Menzies’ eldest granddaughter Pamela Lauesen
  • Featurette with acclaimed film directors John Landis, Joe Dante, editor Mark Goldblatt, special visual effects artist and two time Oscar Winner Robert Skotak (foremost expert on Invaders from Mars), and enthusiast and film preservationist Scott MacQueen
  • John Sayles’ introduction at Turner Classic Movie Festival in Hollywood, April 2022
  • Before/after clips of restoration – original negative and archival film elements - with film restoration supervisor Scott MacQueen
  • Restored segments in 2K of the Alternate International Version -- alternative ending and extended Planetarium scene
  • Gallery with original Press Book pages, behind the scenes photos from the restoration process
  • 20 page extensive essay on the restoration process: “Invaders From Mars: A Nightmare of Restoration” by Scott MacQueen

honorszombie

Auditioning
Real Name
Scout Tafoya
Also just to stump for my own work, you should head to Ignite's critical wing The Maze on Ignite's website, I've been working on some essays but I've commissioned some great writers to write Invaders adjacent content. It's been very rewarding. We're keeping martian fever alive every week until you can get your hands on the disc.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Hey there, I'm a blu-ray special features creator/producer working with the Ignite team on this release and all the details on the disc are/have been made available, and having seen these first hand over the last several weeks, they're all very exciting. There's a lot of insight from MacQueen about the process of restoring the film, plus testimony from some of its most beloved champions. I hope you guys get yourselves a copy, this is going to be a very special release. I can't wait to get my hands on my copy.
  • Interviews with star Jimmy Hunt, William Cameron Menzies’ biographer James Curtis and recollections of Menzies’ eldest granddaughter Pamela Lauesen
  • Featurette with acclaimed film directors John Landis, Joe Dante, editor Mark Goldblatt, special visual effects artist and two time Oscar Winner Robert Skotak (foremost expert on Invaders from Mars), and enthusiast and film preservationist Scott MacQueen
  • John Sayles’ introduction at Turner Classic Movie Festival in Hollywood, April 2022
  • Before/after clips of restoration – original negative and archival film elements - with film restoration supervisor Scott MacQueen
  • Restored segments in 2K of the Alternate International Version -- alternative ending and extended Planetarium scene
  • Gallery with original Press Book pages, behind the scenes photos from the restoration process
  • 20 page extensive essay on the restoration process: “Invaders From Mars: A Nightmare of Restoration” by Scott MacQueen
Thanks Scout, I needed someone to fill in the blanks...Come on Sept 26th!!! This is my Happy Face!!
invaders from mars aliens GIF by absurdnoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks