What's new

When will Disney release these titles? (1 Viewer)

Kelly Grannell

Second Unit
Simply Mad About the Mouse
Around the World with Timon and Pumbaa

I still have them from my old LaserDisc collection but I'm tired of using my LD player. Before I convert them into DVD-R, anybody know when these titles are going to be available on actual DVD?

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
Well, from time to time Disney makes product that is purely of its time. Simply Mad About the Mouse, if I'm not mistaken, is a collection of music videos, right? I don't see that as a high priority on Disney's slate, since they are on to using new, more familiar pop stars to sell the brand to tweeners. "DisneyMania", etc.

I haven't collected or bothered with the direct-to-video or made-for-TV stuff, so Around the World with Timon and Pumbaa is a stranger to me. Was that even a DTV? Or was it a sampling of the TV episodes released on VHS?

In both cases, I'd go ahead and back them up to DVD.

I'm still waiting for So Dear to my Heart (which is likely going to be released alongside Song of the South to help boost sales, like the same day-and-date release of Treasure Island and Treasure Planet ).

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
"Around the World with Timon & Pumbaa" is available on DVD in the UK, France, and Germany, if you can do Region 2.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
It's kinda funny you should mention "Simply Mad About the Mouse". I hadn't watched that in years and for some reason pulled out the old VHS last weekend. Some of the videos are pretty good. LL Cool J's "Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf" is fairly amusing, as is Ric Ocasek's "Zipadee Doo Dah".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks