What's new

When HTFers you care about go MIA. (1 Viewer)

Chris Lock

Second Unit
> Thank you, Brett, for the news, grim and sad though it may be.
Yeah, thanks for the update. I remember Jonathan's sig, but had forgotten his name. He was pretty young, if his picture was a recent one. :frowning:

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
The perception of the leather atire did lose a bit of its coolness in the hetero-headbanger crowd once the gay association was in the open, and JP's lyrics did take on a different meaning when read in that context. However, Halford remains a monster talent, and what he does for recreation is his own business, though I'm not certain (nor do I really care) that he is strictly gay.

I am saddened that Jonathan Gross is no longer with us,though I had a bit of an issue with his sig file, as it was a painful reminder of the recent loss of my mother to cancer when it first showed up.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

I recall being absolutely embarassed when Mtv did coverage of the Priest show in Cleveland at the Agora theater: the big "homecoming" for Tim Owens.

In the course of the Mtv news piece, the covered Tim and his storybook tale- and then cut to interview pieces with the Cleveland audience. The first two were mullet clad leather biker guys, the first proclaiming how great it is to see Timmy live his dream and that priest would be better than ever and whatnot...

The second guy looks dead in the camera and says "Yeah, and at least he's not a fag..."

Sad, not only for fans of the band's early material-- but embarassing for me as my hometown (or specifically home region) once again looks like a giant bunch of backward bigots.

Anyway- I'm glad Jack started this thread- as I was actually thinking about this topic a few days ago. The posters come and go in waves-- and I wondered if some of the more prolific current posters would disappear over time as well. Certainly many of the more well known names on the forum when I arrived in 1998 are no longer around... and I too was wondering what had happened to Jung (and to my musical soul-mate isobel meldar who is still around, but scarce).

Sad to hear of Jonathan's passing- I didn't know the guy very well- just remembered him from his sig.

-Vince

Hakan Powers

Stunt Coordinator
I too remembered Jonathan last week when I attended the funeral of a 20-year old friend who also lost the cancer battle. I realized Jonathan hadn't posted for a while and feared the worst.

Tragic.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Joe Caps posted a note in Home Theater Software after he was released from the hospital/care facility. It sounded like he was headed towards a slow, but eventual recovery.

- Steve

TheoGB

Screenwriter
But with Ryan, It was like he just stopped posting. According to his profile he was still a member, So many of us kept waiting for him to return and a few where even getting a little concerned that something bad may have happened to him.
Considering some of the threads he started I always considered Ryan was pushing the envelope and attempting to take the piss as much as possible while not breaking rules.
Rain and I discussed it and he convinced me to give Ryan the benefit of the doubt. In fact he appeared to be posting more normal items just before disappearing. Odd how these things happen.
And yes, I assumed he was still a member due to his status.
Also cheers to Patrick as I was wondering if Mr. Malloy was Al Brown reincarnated!! :D

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
One other person I remember is Eric Scott, for two reasons: His constant plays with Steve Christou AND he was a fellow New Yorker. No, not because he had anything particularly insightful to say (just kidding :D). I hope his dissapearance has nothing to do with, you know, NYC. :frowning:
--
Holadem

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I just saw your post, Steve, next time I will read before I reply :b
I wonder... would anyone ever give a shit if I dissapeared? huh?
Don't answer that :D
--
Holadem

Jon_B

Screenwriter
How easy it is to forget some of the great people we have encountered on this forum. I feel like we've just done the Survivors "remembrance walk" episode.
I'll state right now that I am a better home theater enthusiast because of all of you. :)
Thanks all
Jon

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
I've lurked or been a member for over 4 years and have seen a lot of good people come and go. Jung Woo has been missed.

However I do seem to remember a guy named Andrew Pratt. He thought the fact he could get rid of those anoying black bars was to set his DVD player for a 16:9 TV even though he had a 4:3 TV was too cool. He didn't mind that this screwed the image up and made people look tall and skinny. He also loved to thread fart in non-aspect ratio discusions.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Well, to put it in terms that I know he'll appreciate, Ricky F got the axe, I remember the instant it happened, so did Wes Ray.
If you guys are lurking, wish you were here.
This is a great thread, and a freind of mine Sean Conklin was missing for awhile, but I knew what was up with him because he contacted me through my e-mail. He does make an appearance from time to time now though. ;)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Remember Martin Ortiz's flaky posts and Matt Stevens' tantrums? :D
Miss ya guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks