What's new

When HTFers you care about go MIA. (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I'd agree with Buzz that interests do shift over time. My posts here have become a lot less frequent, especially now that it seems the whole relationship HTF had with the studios has diminished greatly as DVD becomes more mainstream-I doubt I'd get Zardoz off the ground if I had to start today.
As for Rob Halford, it was widely rumored he was gay as far back as the early 1980s. When I met him in '84, he was living in Arizona under the guise of having the guitarist from Surgical Steel as his lover. This may or may not have been a front to avoid UK income tax, but his official "outing" shouldn't have been too much of a surprise to anyone paying attention, not that it was anybody's business to begin with. He still has one of the best voices on the planet.
I do wonder where some of our HTF associates have moved on to on occasion. Even Briggs was absent for a time before being handed the boom stick. :)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Another chilling thought I had:

About two years ago, I remember seeing a certain gentleman posting here quite frequently. Can't remember his name, and I wish the hell I could. But in his sig, he placed an image of himself (he wore glasses) and to the side, he had his name and underneath that the words, "Cancer Patient."

Then, all of a sudden, he ceased posting. It doesn't take much effort to come to a grim conclusion about him. (I believe he was from Tennessee.)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I think Holden Pike posted in the thread about the top ten DVDs that are not avalable. I'd like to see him post more in the movies area though.

~T

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
A member I badly miss on the forum was Eric Scott, he hasn't posted here in months and I'm pretty sure he isn't banned, I had a good rapport with Eric, we had the same mad sense of humor (actually Eric was totally nuts).:D
Some members are very opinionated and too confrontational and while you or I would just smile and go on to the next post, these guys just have to post a reply and try to start a ruckus with someone, it doesn't surprise me at all when these members go MIA.

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
About two years ago, I remember seeing a certain gentleman posting here quite frequently. Can't remember his name, and I wish the hell I could. But in his sig, he placed an image of himself (he wore glasses) and to the side, he had his name and underneath that the words, "Cancer Patient."

Then, all of a sudden, he ceased posting. It doesn't take much effort to come to a grim conclusion about him. (I believe he was from Tennessee.)
I was debating about replying to this thread about this person, Jonathan Gross. I was wondering what had happened to him. I remember his signature had a link to his home page.

Well, I am sorry to say that I found the page and Jonathan lost his battle with cancer.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Yes we know what happened to them.
Ah so that explains Ryan LB, vanishing halfway through those tournaments. I knew Mr. Hill got the boot because the word BANNED was in his profile and his post count was erased.

But with Ryan, It was like he just stopped posting. According to his profile he was still a member, So many of us kept waiting for him to return and a few where even getting a little concerned that something bad may have happened to him.

I don't debate the decision or even care to know why he was booted. But I am curious as to why some axed members get listed as banned while others don't?

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I also miss Randall Pinkerton, whose dry wit made me look like a wet blanket by comparison. His critically acclaimed "divx lover" web site is still up here, though it hasn't been touched in over three years.
I'm so sorry to hear about Jonathan Gross. When he stopped posting, I feared the worst, but I was too afraid to follow up by checking his home page. I guess this fear is natural, but I'm still ashamed that I didn't follow up and try to discover his whereabouts on my own. I definitely miss him.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I'm sorry to hear about Jonathan. :frowning:
I'm surprised to hear about Rob Halford.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

I'm saddened to hear that we will not find out how Ryan LB's prom went. ;)
- Steve

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Buzz, was Halford's sexual orientation really a big deal to the JP fans? I was (am, really :)) a big JP fan, and I didn't give a hoot about who he found attractive (although in retrospect the pictures of the band and Rob with women in various stages of undress seem a little silly). I really didn't think other fans cared much either.
As for Jack's point about Internet friendships, that's both the worst and best part about them. There are some people I knew on IRC that I wish I could have kept in touch with better, but there's also the relief that you don't have to run into some of the other people if you don't want to. :)
Internet friendships sure can't replace RL ones, but they fill their niche very well...
/Mike

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i remember that divx website. it was always fun to look at to see how funny it wou;d be.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I'm sorry to hear Jonathan passed away. A while back I realized that I had stopped seeing posts from him and feared he had lost his battle with cancer.

~T

Cam S

Screenwriter
What ever happened to Bob_A??? I havn't had a good laugh in a while, and his posts always ended up in laughter :D

Trace Downing

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trace Downing
I remember Jonathan.:frowning:
So many I forgot. I thought Joe Martino was gone for a while (we drove around LA on his dime some time ago), but I see he's back (or never left), and talking like always.
As far as Rob Halford is concerned...I'm suprised he's the ONLY member of JP that's gay. I mean, all that leather...they look like they ran through The Mineshaft's dungeon store's going out of business sale!:laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks