What's new

When HTFers you care about go MIA. (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
During my routine "patrol" duties, I came across a mention of an apparently former Home Theater Forum member: Jung Woo.

Veterans will remember her insightful posts championing foreign film in general and Jean-Luc Godard in particular.

Hers was a welcome voice here at HTF.

She hasn't posted in more than a year. Jung has vanished. A voice lost, and HTF is the lesser for it.

Don't have anything major to say except that I hate like hell we don't know what's up with Jung. Is she okay? Has she experienced a major crisis? Is she even still among the living?

That's one of the drawbacks to developing friendships on the Internet. One has no way of knowing whatever happened.

What if I were to croak tomorrow? (And I dearly hope this is not the case with Jung.) How would anyone know?

Well, that's all for now. And, Jung, if you are at least doing well and have decided for whatever reasons to cease posting here at Home Theater Forum, drop someone--anyone--a line. We just want to know if you are among us still.

The same goes for anyone else who is now MIA.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Jack, nice post. I never came across Jung, but I understand where you are coming from. Recently, it occurred to me that Burke Strickland had not posted here in awhile. I remember having several exchanges with him some time ago. In checking his profile, I noticed that his last post was September 10, 2001. I wondered if that was a coincidence or if something had happened to him on September 11th. So I wrote Parker asking if he knew what had happened to Burke. Fortunately, Parker told me that Burke is alive and well. He is simply spending more time on another forum. While it is a shame that he no longer posts here, I was glad to learn that he is well.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know what happened to Josh Hill and Ryan LB? They both averaged about 20 posts per day and all of a sudden they just stopped.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
I don't know Jung but I do know what you mean. There's a guy that I met through the Klipsch BB that I ended up buying a center channel from. We occasionally had some conversations via the Klipsch BB, here at HTF, and via email. He was a frequent poster. I haven't heard from him or seen him posting in some time. I don't know if I'm necessarily worried but I do wonder if something happened to him. On the other hand maybe he just decided to lay off the internet.

I guess that's your point, you just don't know and it can be a bit disconcerting.

It is a bit odd this internet friendship thing.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Great post Jack! I just had to say that...

That Mike Knapp guy scared us a while back didn't he?

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Maybe I just fell out of the loop for a period of time but whatever happened to Ricky F. His constent polls and petitions to studios were great. The Sandlot one comes to mind because now we have it on DVD :emoji_thumbsup:

Shawn C

Screenwriter
This is what I love about the internet, especially message boards/forums. If you get sick of the conversations or people, you can just vanish without a trace. Personally, I like the idea of being able to disconnect myself on a whim.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Along with Jung, I also haven't seen any posts by Holden Pike lately. The man knew his movies and it was always nice to read his thoughts on some of them.

Bruce

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Bruce, I'd asked about Holden in another thread and no one seemed to know where he went to. You're right - he definitely knew what he was talking about and had good taste.
By the way, what happened to Ryan LB? He was running several polls and just dropped off the face of the HTF. Also, guys like RicP, DonnyG, AL Brown...
:confused:

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
John, if you read Frank's post above, I think you can infer what happened to Ryan LB. As for the others you asked about, I know that at least two of the three suffered the same fate. Let's leave it at that.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Holden Pike was the only member I ever met, he is a screenwriter and I'd like to think he's just busy with a project.

Jim

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Whatever happened to Dennis Reno? His posts were always funny and insightful. He was always helping others. I hear he was really good looking too!

:p)

Its funny you brought this up Jack. I recently was looking for a member who had once answered some questions for me. Looks like they haven't posted in quite a while. I know I went almost a year with very few posts. Was still lurking, but real life interferred with HT. I hate when that happens!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
TPFKAAB (The poster formerly known as Al Brown) is now known as Richard Malloy (look for his trademark Vertigo picture in his signature).

Michael*K

Screenwriter
All of the posters that have disappeared have likely been banned. The Admins relish the power they wield to control one's very HTF existence with the click of a mouse. ;)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I don't think that's the case, Michael, and you know you're half joking. A number of the names mentioned in this thread were definitely banned or "asked to leave", but I'm sure a number of people just flow onto other forums or off the internet altogether. It does happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks