What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (2 Viewers)

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
And I recently picked up all four seasons of Continuum.

All of these were on Blu-ray.

I had high hopes for this show, back in the earlier seasons in its first run. I even picked up the season 1 bluray, back when it was first released.

Without any spoilers, it turned really really weird in season 3. So I didn't even bother buying the subsequent seasons on bluray at the time.

Eventually I bought season 2 as an impulse buy from a local dump bin, after the show was already finished. If I ever see seasons 3 and 4 in local dump bins, I'll likely pick them up too eventually.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Mission Impossible - Complete Series BR (upgrade from DVD). I don't particularly like the "5.1" mix on the DVDs so I'm hoping it sounds better on BR.

Breaking Bad - S1 BR. My grandson was raving about this one and asked if I'd seen it. Nope. Heard of it and that's all. I found a very inexpensive used copy so picked it up to sample and be able to talk about it with him.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Battlestar Galactica Complete Series 1978/1979, Battlestar Galactica Complete Series 2004 - 2009, Star Trek Picard, Space 1999.

20201128_074124a.jpg

Little Rascals

20210612_192221.jpg

Last edited:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
One is WS the other is OAR. That's "The Definitive Collection" set. It's the one to get. The "Remastered Collection" BR has only the WS versions. The movie disc is WS as originally released.

Did not realize that! Just focused on how big that release was, until I saw the top part of it in that picture.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Another good-sized order from Import CDs:

The Virginian S2 and S3 (the latter of which features the backdoor pilot for Laredo)

Bonanza S6 (I now own all seasons featuring Pernell Roberts as Adam Cartwright...am still mulling over whether to continue from there on through to S9)

Riptide S2 (nostalgic and fun '80s favorite)

Combat! S5 (time to try this series out...might as well start with the non-timesped, color season)

and two meat-and-potato cop shows that rarely disappoint:
Adam-12 S2
Ironside S2

Last edited:

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Interesting-- I recall you hearing before that you'd perhaps only want the first go (early '84). What made you want to get the second go (1984-85)?
Hi Ben! I started with Riptide S1 just to see if the show still held up for me. It did, I still enjoyed it quite a bit, so I decided to pull the trigger on S2...at least, once I found it for a good price. (Didn't want to pay what Amazon was asking for it )

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Hi Ben! I started with Riptide S1 just to see if the show still held up for me. It did, I still enjoyed it quite a bit, so I decided to pull the trigger on S2...at least, once I found it for a good price. (Didn't want to pay what Amazon was asking for it )

I see what you mean-- almost $50 is a lot (as what Amazon was quoting).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks