What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (1 Viewer)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Last night I watched the 3D version of I, The Jury. This is the best 3D presentation I've seen. I watched the 4K 2D version a week or so ago. The film itself is only so so and it's difficult to understand what's going on.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Last Nights Feature Presentation

1671082571250.png

Chapters 7- 10, what a great story!

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Having enjoyed a superb 3D rendition of I, The Jury, I decided to continue with 3D yesterday and re-watched the Panamint Blu-ray disc of Inferno, a very good film. Lucien Ballard certainly made Rhonda Fleming look good!

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Gremlins (4k disc) - a perennial Christmas classic.
Did you notice any audio sync issues in the 5.1 audio in the scene where Kate tells the story of her father?
This is what I read at the other forum.
They say this issue was on the blu-ray too (not on the stereo audio but on the 5.1 again) but I didn't notice anything.

81pRNZd7hnL._SL1500_.jpg

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
I didn't notice any problems with sound on the disc, I sampled it a few months ago when first bought and didn't think the image was too good, but now I've watched it I was much more impressed. The effects hold up really well, great family film.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Yesterday I same across a good presentation on YouTube of a routine crime film: Loan Shark. The film's quite well made although George Raft was too old and not nearly subtle enough for the lead role. Half way through, I suddenly thought of Sean Connery's performance in The Frightened City where was far better - and far more appropriately cast - playing a similar character.

Later I watched Miracle on 34th Street, a lovely film. The whole cast is good but last night I thought Natalie Wood was the best. I wish the Blu-ray disc had derived from better elements.

I'm going to watch White Christmas today.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Later I watched Miracle on 34th Street, a lovely film. The whole cast is good but last night I thought Natalie Wood was the best. I wish the Blu-ray disc had derived from better elements.
I will be forever mystified why the Academy didn't vote Natalie a juvenile Oscar that year. They voted one for kids in 1944, 1945, 1946, and 1948 but not for her in 1947, and it was so earned! I guess they felt she wasn't in quite enough of the movie.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
In the past few days I've watched Black Gold in tribute to Diane McBain who died very recently. She's really good in this underrated movie which should ideally have been made in color. The whole cast is good: Phil Carey was always a good serviceable hunk, Fay Spain again shows she could act and Claude Akins, in what was probably his best ever role, is excellent as a genial but unscrupulous villain. In a supporting role was William Phipps which prompted me to re-watch Crossfire, one of my favorite movies.

I've also watched that superb Blu-ray disc of White Christmas and also Decision At Sundown from the sub-standard Mill Creek box-set. My seasonal watching has also included Christmas In Connecticut, an amusing film on a superb Warner Archive disc.

In the next few days I'll watch Ocean's Eleven, Remember The Night and The Apartment.

YANG

Screenwriter
days of booms and bangs, flames and flares with Willis, it’s time for some Clings and Clangs with Ridley’s periodic Warrior!
IMG_20221225_141338916~3.jpg

IMG_20221225_141451871~2.jpg

while I'm still waiting for the release of UHD release of Heaven and Earth, I'll temporary live with the working DVD for the period...
:D

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
December 26th, 2022

Angels With Dirty Faces
HD Blu-ray / WB Archive
DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Mono (48kHz, 24-bit)

Angels With Dirty Faces HD.jpg

The Innocents (1961)
HD Blu-ray / Criterion
LPCM Mono (48kHz, 24-bit)

I first viewed this film as a 4K DCP on October 29th, 2014 and later purchased it on a Criterion bluray disc.

The Innocents HD.jpg

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
In the past few days, I've watched four films with Christmas or New Year connotations: Backfire, Ocean's Eleven, The Apartment and Remember The Night. I also suddenly felt in the mood for a black and white crime film so I treated myself to another viewing of The Naked City, a film I always enjoy despite that utterly redundant voice-over commentary.

Today I'm going to watch The Great McGinty which I haven't seen for a long time. After that I'm going to start a season of long films which will include The Bridge On The River Kwai, Lawrence Of Arabia and Patton, among others.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks