What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (2 Viewers)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Last night I watched Captain Of The Clouds on a superb Blu-ray disc. To me, the character played by James Cagney was thoroughly obnoxious for most of the movie and I was waiting for him to get his due deserts which didn't happen. I found Brenda Marshall far more attractive in color than in her back-and-white movies and I thought the way she played her shallow character was well-judged and subtle. Dennis Morgan, whom I've never much liked, was pretty good in a role unlike those I usually see him playing.

I'm glad I bought this disc.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
A lesser known BBC series that I got from Network. Amazing cast and I do love an Victorian/Edwardian Mystery!!

Attachments

• IMG_0979.jpg
    IMG_0979.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 27

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Rome Adventure (1962) - first viewing of this romantic drama made on location, thankfully without the dreaded rear projection. Suzanne Pleshette is adorable but the true star of this film is the ancient city of Rome (never can it have been so devoid of tourists). I'm a bit surprised the very good DVD hasn't been upgraded to blu ray.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
Employee of the month,stars dane cook and jessica simpson,it's about a man who works at walmart,then he got lost in the storage,and then he meets a woman,it's so funny.it's a lot like career oppertunites.it's has that same story,but a different cast.it's so funny,i liked dane cook,he is funny,and jessica simpson is so beautiful.very talented singer and actress.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
THE OUTSIDERS,IS one of my all time favorites,it's 40 years ago,and it's a masterpiece.IT"s avaliable on tubi.tv and on Roku channel..

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Rome Adventure (1962) - first viewing of this romantic drama made on location, thankfully without the dreaded rear projection. Suzanne Pleshette is adorable but the true star of this film is the ancient city of Rome (never can it have been so devoid of tourists). I'm a bit surprised the very good DVD hasn't been upgraded to blu ray.
I like this film too. I have it as part of a Troy Donahue DVD box-set from way back.

Yesterday I watched the excellent Blu-ray disc of The Clock, a film I've never been wild about. I always have strong reservations about movies which suggest that romantic love will conquer everything and brush all problems aside. Middle Of The Night and Moonstruck are two other films which present me with the same issue.

I was very impressed with the crowd scenes. I thought they were staged superbly and the shots composed brilliantly. I was not impressed by the second rate back projection in other scenes.

Today I'll probably go further into the Humphrey Bogart box-set.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Staying with 3D tonight, another favorite....."Final Destination 5". 35mm 3D, DTS/SDDS, 2:35:1.
Another actually filmed in 3D. If you haven't seen it in 3D, grab yourself a BD. It's very entertaining!

maxresdefault.jpg

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
September 10th, 2022 Saturday

Star Trek: Undiscovered Country (Directors Cut)
4K Blu-ray / Dolby Vision
Dolby TrueHD 7.1 (48kHz, 24-bit)

Star Trek Undiscovered Country.jpg

Ordered Star Tre: The Search For Spock on 4K blu-ray so sometime soon I hope to order Star Trek: The Motion Picture and Star Trek: The Voyage Home. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for Paramount to get 4K transfers of the last 4 Star Trek movies out on 4K blu-ray. I will also be working on adding Star Trek TV Shows but for those blu-ray will be just fine. DVD was the first time I owned all the movies that where available at the time.

Daves Star Trek Movies DVD_Jan_08.jpg

The goal now is to have all Star Trek movies on 4K blu-ray and they will be ordered when available. As far as tv shows go I have Star Trek Picard Season 1, Star Trek The Original Series on blu-ray and Star Trek The Next Generation also on blu-ray.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thor: Love and Thunder
Originally Released: 07/08/2022
Watched: 09/10/2022
4K digital streaming on Disney+ ("IMAX Enhanced" Ratio) via Roku Ultra

Thor: Love and Thunder (2022) IMAX Poster

Recommended?
Yes

Why? After the massive success of Thor: Ragnarok, the mandate for the fourth movie was clearly "more of the same". The formula isn't quite as successful this time around, but there's enough fun and inventiveness to make for an enjoyable ride. And the movie begins and ends pretty strong.

I skipped IMAX in theaters, so this was my first time seeing the IMAX version. It was pretty disappointing, with a relatively small amount of the run time being in the expanded aspect ratio. That being said, the movie is another example of terrific use of HDR on Marvel Studios projects via streaming.

* * *​
The Bad Seed Returns
Originally Released: 09/05/2022
Watched: 09/10/2022
1080P HD via Spectrum On Demand

The Bad Seed Returns (2022) Poster

In 1954, William March's last novel The Bad Seed, about a grammar school sociopath, was published to enormous critical and commercial success. The novel was adapted for Broadway later that year. Two years later, Warner Bros. adapted the novel and play for the silver screen, with Patty McCormack receiving an Oscar nomination in the title role. ABC made a much derided television version in 1985 and then Rob Lowe directed and starred in a Lifetime version in 2018, with Mckenna Grace in the title role.

During the pandemic, Grace and her father were stuck at home and bored. They decided to write a sequel together, checking in on the character some years later in high school. Lifetime bought the script and made it, with Grace back as the Bad Seed. McCormack makes appearances in both Lifetime movies as the psychiatrist seen by the main character.

Recommended?
It Depends

On What? Whether you're comparing it to real movies or other Lifetime movies. It's got many of the problems endemic in the Lifetime formula, so I'd be hesitant to say that it qualifies as objectively good. But I liked it better than the first movie, as it leans into both the darkness and the camp a bit more than Lowe's rather bland effort. Mckenna Grace was playing younger in the first movie, but is playing her actual age here. It's kind of refreshing to see a high school in one of these movies where the students are actually teenagers. This movie, while not especially plausible in any way, at least endeavors to explain how so many unfortunate accidents can occur around one girl without raising suspicion. Like most psychopaths, the title character has extremely poor impulse control. But she has a particular talent for improvisation.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Decided to watch Nolan's pre Batman films:

Insomnia (2002) - first time viewing of this well crafted crime film with good performances by Al Pacino and Robin Williams.

Memento (2000) - first and last viewing of this extraordinarily boring film, I really struggled to reach the end. Never been a fan of Guy Pearce and he and the film's nonlinear structure nearly made me give up on it.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Feature Presentations for the Week

Tuesday
1662903381901.png

Wednesday
1662903563873.png

Thursday - Jane Russell Double Feature
1662903644018.png
1662903601978.png

Friday
1662903508876.png

Saturday - Miniature Montez / Hall (4) Film Festival in order of release and all in Glorious Technicolor
1662903792479.png
1662903879221.png
1662903909005.png

Ali Baba
White Savage
Arabian Nights
Gypsy Wildcat

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
Decided to watch Nolan's pre Batman films:

Insomnia (2002) - first time viewing of this well crafted crime film with good performances by Al Pacino and Robin Williams.

Memento (2000) - first and last viewing of this extraordinarily boring film, I really struggled to reach the end. Never been a fan of Guy Pearce and he and the film's nonlinear structure nearly made me give up on it.
Insomnia also stars hilary swank,she is so beautiful.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I watched Knock On Any Door today. I hadn't seen this film for decades. In the 1960s and 70s it was on TV a lot and I saw it several times. I'd forgotten most of it and it's a better film than I had remembered. The Blu-ray disc is excellent.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I watched Knock On Any Door today. I hadn't seen this film for decades. In the 1960s and 70s it was on TV a lot and I saw it several times. I'd forgotten most of it and it's a better film than I had remembered. The Blu-ray disc is excellent.
The notes accompanying the release revealed a bisexual subplot in the novel that's quite believable and touching. Of course, the Production Code killed it.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
for a Siunday viewing I went for a classic trifecta from the new stock...Jamaca Inn, Lost Horizon and the Tracy J&H...

Attachments

• IMG_0986.jpg
    IMG_0986.jpg
    523.3 KB · Views: 20

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
September 11th, 2022 Sunday

Lord Of The Rings: The Rings Of Power - Island Time
4K Digital / Amazon Video / Dolby Vision
Dolby Atmos 7.2.4

Lord Of The Rings_The Rings Of Power 1ae.jpg

Samaritan
4K Digital / HDR / Amazon Video
Dolby 5.1 upmixed to Auro 7.2

Samaritan.jpg

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Last Night's Double Feature Presentations - Finished the Montez / Hall Film Festival

1663077611264.png
1663077626411.png

Cobra Woman
Sudan - the only picture that Hall doesn't get the girl

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks