What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (7 Viewers)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
upload_2018-6-10_20-43-33.png

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
This afternoon I watched a movie that I had no idea even existed until recently, a movie version of a Lord Peter Wimsey mystery called Haunted Honeymoon. Robert Montgomery played Lord Peter and Constance Cummings was his wife. Excellent mystery with lots of droll comedy, too. I really enjoyed it. The only Wimsey mysteries I had ever seen were the ones from Britain shown here on PBS starring Ian Carmichael done in multi-parts. Nice to see a different interpretation though Ian was definitive, I think.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Last night I watched Three For The Show, early Jack Lemmon and late Betty Grable. I found the first ten minutes or so dire as the central joke made no sense. As the film went on, for me it got better and better and I really enjoyed it. Betty was visibly ten years older than Jack Lemmon who played her husband, and I felt she was hampered by those awful Jack Cole routines with arms all over the place. (I can't recall in any film a single Jack Cole routine I especially admire, not even that famous one in Gilda) It was also sad to see Betty being asked to sing and move in the way that Marilyn Monroe had adopted. Despite these drawbacks, I found Three For The Show very entertaining. The soundtrack on the DVD is excellent. I wonder if Sony will provide a high-definition master of this film to Twilight Time.

Tonight I'll watch A Lady Without Passport which has just arrived. I've only seen this film on TV and several decades ago! It'll be like watching a new film.

Last edited:

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Looking for something to watch On Demand and picked 68 Kill last night. If you like violence, sex and comedy you should enjoy this film. Had Matthew Gray Gubler (from Criminal Minds) as the star.

MV5BYWYyNTFkZTYtYjY2ZC00MmFmLWE5ZjEtOWRmOGE2ZWFmNDkzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjEwNTM2Mzc@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,677,1000_AL_.jpg

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I watched something today I had never seen all the way through, one of the World War II all-star studio revues, Paramount's Star Spangled Rhythm. It certainly can't hold a candle to either MGM's Thousands Cheer or Warners' Thank Your Lucky Stars. Bob Hope has dire stand-up material, and Crosby is only on hand for the finale "Old Glory." This is the movie that introduced the standard "That Old Black Magic" though I would have preferred if Bing had been given it to sing rather than Johnny Johnston. Nice to see Mary Martin and Dick Powell crooning to each other, and the famous trio with Paulette Goddard, Dorothy Lamour, and Veronica Lake is lots of fun. But other songs and sketches were sort of lame.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'll be watching Pitfall from Noir Alley at lunchtime and then later today Guys and Dolls in preparation for my musicals class next week.

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Annihilation UHD Blu-ray

Liked it, a bit strange.

PQ was inconsistent IMO. Some really good, some meh. Good LFE.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My viewings over the last 36 hours or so.

Pitfall (Noir Alley on TCM)
The Tall T (BD)
Decision at Sundown (BD)
My Man Godfrey (1936) (DVD)
To Be or Not to Be (1942) (BD)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I have some TV from last night to catch up on (Instinct, Man in an Orange Shirt), and I believe my musical course work for today will be An AMerican IN Paris.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I'm currently viewing the Rocky box set. I'm on my 10th night trying to get through it [In-Laws were in town which slowed me down] but should be starting Rocky IV later tonight. I have the original set and an considering buying the Blu Ray set.

I also spend a little time with Netflix watching old TV show most mornings while I have breakfast. I'm about to finish up "That 70's Show" and will probably check out the new episodes of The Ranch next.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
81P0EvS4uAL._SL1500_.jpg

My step-daughter and I watched this last night in 3D and a 138 inch wide image. She's a big Alfred Hitchcock fan and really enjoyed it. She want's to have her boyfriend come over in a few months and watch it again.
This Blu ray is completely unwatchable on my Sony active system. There is so much ghosting and double image that it really doesn’t matter if you are watching it with glasses on or off!
My system is prone to occasional ghosting anyway, but nothing has ever matched the complete wretchedness of this disc. It is hard not to eject it and stomp on it! :wacko: :3dglasses:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nielmb
    Recent bookmarks