What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (5 Viewers)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
November 24th, 2017 Friday

Star Trek: Search For Spock
Vudu HDX
5.1 Dolby Digital

star_trek3.jpg

for-love-of-spock-trailer.jpg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
love-actually_6.jpeg

A movie that never gets old.

The only thing that's too bad is that once you've seen this film so many times and know it inside-out, you miss the fun of being surprised by all the different "reveals" as to how all the characters are related to one another.

But still so much fun.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I've been slacking on my movie watching. Too much time watching football. I did finish watching the first season of The Punisher.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I finally got around to Lucy this afternoon on UHD. Wow! What a visual and aural extravaganza! The plot may have been a mess, but just for the sensory overload it was worth watching! It's my choice thus far for the reference picture and sound disc for UHD.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I've just watched Three Days Of The Condor which I'd seen only once before, when it first came out. I enjoyed it more this time. It made more sense than when I first saw the film.

As is usually the case with films directed by Sydney Pollack, all the actors gave good performances but especially Faye Dunaway. As written, her role was one step above pure cliché but she turned it into something far better. Every slight facial expression was judged perfectly.

I'll watch this Blu-ray disc again fairly soon.

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I watched The Friends Of Eddie Coyle last night. I've never especially liked this film despite it being a crime movie and starring Robert Mitchum. Last night, for the first time, I understood why. The film plays consistently on one level: same mood, same pace, same ambiance, same visuals. The deployment of contrast is important in films, although not as important as in music, and in The Friends Of Eddie Coyle there is almost no contrast between one scene and another.

It's a very well made film and it certainly held my interest, but I won't be watching it again next week.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Probably going to watch Twilight Time's The Front today unless I spy something on-line during my morning surf that makes me want to check it out immediately.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Last night I watched All The President's Men. This film never fails to hold my attention which surprises me a little. All the actors give good performances and I especially like Jane Alexander's.

Summer Of '42 and He Walked By Night arrived today so I'll watch at least one of them tonight.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, as I said in my review of the Blu-ray a couple of years ago, Vera-Ellen was, to my mind, the most versatile of Hollywood's great dancing stars. She really could do it all, and was a fabulous partner for both Astaire and Kelly, the ultimate tribute to her abilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks