What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (2 Viewers)

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Was going to watch John Carpenter's The Fog. But with the death of Bill Paxton, I'm switching gears and going with......

Aliens.jpg

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Watched Dr Strange on Wed and enjoyed it.

Think I am going Interstellar on blu-ray Sat night while the wife is out. I have seen it 3 times already, but not with the OLED, so I think that should be good! Plus I have newer subs and speakers.

Sunday night will most likely be Inferno or Miss Peregrine UHD.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Still making my way through my Enterprise Blu ray set. Going to check out "The Young Girls of Rochford" taped from TCM to see how it enspired "La La Land". So far it is not the French that is the problem, but the 60's vibe forever ruined by Austin Powers.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Last night I watched the new Shout Factory disc for Robocop 2, and I'm hoping to watch their new Robocop 3 disc tonight. I only got a chance to watch about half of the bonus features from Robocop 2 (and none of the commentaries) but so far I'm really happy with the set. The transfer was also better than expected - RAH noted in his thread that the image had some dirt and was unsteady, but frankly, it looked pretty clean to me and seemed stable.

And while I'd probably never argue that Robocop 2 is a good movie, I enjoyed watching it last night more than I ever had before. If it doesn't quite add up to as much as it should, it does have some pretty interesting pieces mixed in.

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
I just finished Interstellar. When that movie came out on Blu, I watched it 4 times in a row over a few days, it is probably one of my favorite movies over my lifetime. I also did not have the speakers I have now, and of course the OLED, so this time was even more of a treat. The Zimmer score is outstanding, and even though some scenes are mastered in a higher black, there are also scenes that make you go WOW on the OLED.

I also watched The Gate, which somehow I had never seen. The new Blu looked really good scaled to 2160p. I think tomorrow night will be Inferno UHD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks