What's going to happen to Adelphia?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Timon Russo, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Timon Russo

Timon Russo Stunt Coordinator

I have Adelphia here and really don't care for them. I have been pondering getting satellite for a couple of years but keep finding new reasons to wait.

Recently I heard that Adelphia might be taken over this year, by Time Warner maybe? Anyone else heard this? I can only imagine this would IMPROVE my opinion of cable, since I am not at all happy with Adelphia. Also, hopefully, I could get more HDTV. Anyone think this is a good reason to wait and see how thinks shake out in 2005?

2. AlbertD

AlbertD Stunt Coordinator

And after the bids, a year for approval and absorbtion which gets us to 2006 best case. Get Satellite. I did and never looked back.

3. Mort Corey

Mort Corey Supporting Actor

Interesting. I'm pretty happy with the service/selection offered by Adelphia in my area. The "tech" people don't seem too up to date with hardware/software issues....but hey, it's the cable company right?

This mornings paper said that Direct TV increased its subscriber base and lost more money ($250M IIRC) and Voom is pretty close to history, so I don't know what that bodes for the satellite industry either. My best guess is that either venue will end up costing more in the future and provide a lower quality product (pretty safe bet [​IMG] )

Mort