What's new

What's going to happen to Adelphia? (1 Viewer)

Timon Russo

Stunt Coordinator
I have Adelphia here and really don't care for them. I have been pondering getting satellite for a couple of years but keep finding new reasons to wait.

Recently I heard that Adelphia might be taken over this year, by Time Warner maybe? Anyone else heard this? I can only imagine this would IMPROVE my opinion of cable, since I am not at all happy with Adelphia. Also, hopefully, I could get more HDTV. Anyone think this is a good reason to wait and see how thinks shake out in 2005?

AlbertD

Stunt Coordinator
And after the bids, a year for approval and absorbtion which gets us to 2006 best case. Get Satellite. I did and never looked back.

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
Interesting. I'm pretty happy with the service/selection offered by Adelphia in my area. The "tech" people don't seem too up to date with hardware/software issues....but hey, it's the cable company right?

This mornings paper said that Direct TV increased its subscriber base and lost more money ($250M IIRC) and Voom is pretty close to history, so I don't know what that bodes for the satellite industry either. My best guess is that either venue will end up costing more in the future and provide a lower quality product (pretty safe bet ;) )

Mort

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks