What's new

What's coming from Sony after the CE775 ? (1 Viewer)

What does Sony have after the CE775 in the non-ES market ? On the Canadian web-site, they removed all the links to the 275/375/575. The only CD/SACD changer below 1000 $ CDN is the CE775. Are they going more toward the DVD/SACD changers ? I read a while back that the CE775 was discontinued. What's cooking in Sony's kitchen ?
So many questions... ;)
Patrick

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Patrick, your guess is as good as mine. At the Home Entertainment show in New York City in May, Sony announced the upcoming release of two integrated SACD player-A/V receivers that will be part of the ES line. One will be a single-disc model, while the other will be a five-disc carousel changer. There has been very little news otherwise. Someone on Audio Asylum said awhile back that Sony Europe had announced the release of an SCD-XE680 that will replace the 'XE670.
I just did a search on Yahoo! for "SCD-XE680" and found it on Sony's Slovakia web site. In addition, an SCD-XB780 is shown, which will presumably replace the 'XB770 single-disc multi-channel SACD player that is available in Europe. Here is the link:
http://www.sony.sk/katalog/hifisacd.html
Can anyone translate? I imagine "! Novinka !" means "New!". :)

Matthew Anker

Stunt Coordinator
If any of you Canadian guys are having trouble finding CE775s, I just got four of them in yesterday for resale. They are for sale with modifications, and I regularly ship to Canada. Of course modification voids the warranty anyway, but I give a 90 day warranty on the players.

Matthew Anker

Stunt Coordinator
I upgrade the power supply (diodes/caps), the clock, the analog coupling capacitors, and the RCAs. Makes a very noticeable improvement. Here's my website for pics and more details. www.SACDmods.com I only have 3 left.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks