What's new

What are you playing right now? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Just platinumed Bloodborne last night, my first 'Soulsborne' game. It was great. Had a few extremely irritating mechanics, and was very difficult for the first 4 hours, but got pretty manageable after that,

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Just platinumed Bloodborne last night, my first 'Soulsborne' game. It was great. Had a few extremely irritating mechanics, and was very difficult for the first 4 hours, but got pretty manageable after that,

One of my favorite games of all time. Easily better than all three Dark Souls games IMO.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
I finished Observation on the PS4 yesterday. It's an adventure/puzzle game that takes place in flat, static menus and in the 3D environment of a space station. You play an AI that must work with one of the astronauts to unravel a mystery. The voice acting is really good & there's also good blend of exploration and navigating various ship computer laptops and mainframe menus. The game uses the "VHS in space" aesthetic that was used in Alien: Isolation to really great effect.

The story is clear as mud. It kind of falls apart a little in its last act, but it kept me interested. It's striving for a 2001: A Space Odyssey vibe, but its strongest passages are about the relationships between the AI and the humans, and the humans themselves.

Some of the puzzles were too inscrutable, and a few of the necessary features (like setting waypoints to find your way around the station) are easy to miss if you don't pay attention. But I do recommend it with those caveats. It's probably about an 8-hour game.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I am still, and apparently forever, playing Witcher 3 on the PS4. Currently doing the "FINAL PREPARATIONS" main guest line. I'm lever 34, have done all the side quests, contracts and treasure hunts that I have found. Am I close to the end? Maybe? Each branch of this main quest seems to create more side quests, so we'll see!

Still not bored with it. A few times I've wandered off hitting question marks just to prolong everything even though I have the two DLC to do.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Oh if you still have the DLC left then you have a long way to go. They aren't just little side mission add ons, they're full blown expansions each.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Oh if you still have the DLC left then you have a long way to go. They aren't just little side mission add ons, they're full blown expansions each.

Nice to know! I'll hold off on hitting all the question marks until I'm deep into the last one. That said, the Skellige water ones are pretty much a waste of time.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Beast Quest for the PS4. fun, and simple. Good control. I lowered the sound FX, and Dialogue, and cranked the music(I love when games give you this option) good stuff. But I have always been easy to please with generic type fantasy games.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
  • Hollow Knight on the Switch. After a couple hours of wandering, finally got the dash move! I have some problems with the design of the early hours of this game, but it's hard not to admire.
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps on the Xbox One X... best visuals in a 2D platformer I've ever seen.
  • Exit the Gungeon was just released on the Nintendo Switch! $10. I formerly had played it with a paired DualShock on my iPad, but it was a hassle to play that way. It's a fun, single-room, Contra-style bullet hell run & jump shooter. Basic, but perfect for handheld play.
Looking forward to Animal Crossing: New Horizons at the end of the week.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Unravel 2, coop with my wife. A delightful two player coop game. Works well for a not-good gamer to play with a more experienced gamer.

Untitled Goose Game, on my own. This was my travel game before the world went pear shaped. I will probably get back to it at home. I’m stuck at the moment. Seems like a new section should be open, but I can’t find it. And I can’t figure out the puzzle I’ve got remaining (drop bucket onto surly man’s head).

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
STILL PLAYING WITCHER 3! JEEEEEEEZUS! Started the Blood and Wine DLC or whatever it is called and honestly, it's ridiculous! They could have put it out as Witcher 3: Part 2 stand alone like that Undead Red Dead redemption gimmick. Well I ever finish Witcher 3? Yeah of course, but not anytime soon.

Nearly ordered a Switch to play Animal Crossing because a relaxing game with cute animals I can play with online friends visiting sounds nice with the constant news of real world plague and death. I held off though because, well, Witcher. Now I see that a bunch of Mario Bros games I've never played are either getting ported or are rumoured to be at least and boy oh boy and I'm gonna end up with a Switch I don't really need...

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Resident Evil 3 XBox One.

Terribly dark (as in difficult to see, even after adjustments), great graphics and gameplay. And just like Claire Redfield from the 2 remaster, Jill Valentine curses like an angry sailor throughout-- F#*K --nonstop (just pissed off, and stressed out). I get it gritty, but when the only emotion is anger with lots of swearing it gets to the point of making these iconic video game characters unlikeable.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I also just beat RE3 but felt it was a definite step down from RE2 in every area.

Didn’t notice the swearing at all. At least not to the point of distraction.

Love all the RE games!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I also just beat RE3 but felt it was a definite step down from RE2 in every area.

Didn’t notice the swearing at all. At least not to the point of distraction.

Playing the original PS1 so many times the swearing stands out to me (Zero F bombs in the originals 1-3). But I understand, different times---grittier/more vulgar for more realism. It fits.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks