What's new

What are you playing right now? (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
LEGO Miami Vice

I mean, LEGO City Undercover. It's lightweight and silly and easy to play for 20 min at night before going to bed.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Currently playing the Last of Us and I am having mixed opinions on this one, hope it won't disappoint me later down the line.
I played the first Last of Us, and I wasn't big on it. I actually liked the little DLC level better.

I'm still playing the final DLC on Witcher 3, though I took a bit of a break due to summer chores. Friends, I'm at the end game! Had to do the no turning back save. Hope I made the right choice! Should get it all done by or on the weekend.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Firewatch was neat. May have to play again to see if and how different choices affect the story.

Now I’m playing Transistor. It is really interesting, with a great style, and I don’t understand it. :) I feel like I’ve missed some core instructions on basic gameplay features. Going to have to do some research, read some game guides to fill in my gaps.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I tried Transistor a few years ago and found it was either something you immediately "got" or you didn't. It didn't really grab me so I put it down and moved on.

About to finish Soma, which is pretty neat and surprisingly high quality for an indie game but something I'm only playing because it was a free PS+ game. Next is Hitman (also PS+). I bought 8 games on the PS store sale over the weekend (Prey, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, A Plague Tale, Astro Bot, Moss, Tetris Effect, Control, and Metro Exodus) so I should be good for a while. I'm planning on enjoying all of these on PS5 in the fall if I don't get to them now.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Slowly working my way through an early Playstation 4 release called DriveClub.

Not as pretty today as it looked back around 2015, but still great fun. I'm glad I bought the non-motorcycle DLC while I still could. I just hope I don't regret not investing in DriveClub: Bikes when I finally finish it all.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I tried Transistor a few years ago and found it was either something you immediately "got" or you didn't. It didn't really grab me so I put it down and moved on.

About to finish Soma, which is pretty neat and surprisingly high quality for an indie game but something I'm only playing because it was a free PS+ game. Next is Hitman (also PS+). I bought 8 games on the PS store sale over the weekend (Prey, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, A Plague Tale, Astro Bot, Moss, Tetris Effect, Control, and Metro Exodus) so I should be good for a while. I'm planning on enjoying all of these on PS5 in the fall if I don't get to them now.

Plague Tale, Astro Bot, and Moss are all top tier fantastic titles. Don't wait around to play those, they should move to the top of your list immediately.

Slowly working my way through an early Playstation 4 release called DriveClub.

Not as pretty today as it looked back around 2015, but still great fun. I'm glad I bought the non-motorcycle DLC while I still could. I just hope I don't regret not investing in DriveClub: Bikes when I finally finish it all.

Driveclub bikes is fantastic and different enough to be worth a purchase. But by the time you finish the original game, you will probably be ready for a break.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I actually don't have the choice anymore. DriveClub's licensing expired late last year, so the game is delisted (And it went offline forever back in March, so no more online multiplayer).

At least I had the foresight to buy all the car stuff, minus a small DLC pack or two that was only additional vehicles. Between the expansion pass and the expansions that appeared afterwards, I have a ton left to do even though I'm about 80% done with what I believe was originally the baseline game.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Drive Club was included with my PS4 when I bought it but I never dove in. Driving games aren't my bag, I'm terrible at them haha.

Did I mention I did in fact finish Witcher 3? Took me an extra weekend but I did it. What a joy. I'm typically one and done with role-playing games, but I can see myself giving this a second play-through at some point. I guess that Cyberpunk 20564654 is the next thing for the studio but it honestly looks confusing to play. I'm sure I'll get it eventually.

Summer sucks for me and gaming so I've not started anything proper. Any gaming now is Providence Poker on the PS4 if I got minutes to kill.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I decided to pick up GTA IV again and replay it. I beat it years ago but my thoughts then still hold up: I hate the car handling and driving but love the city, story and characters.

I was playing RDR2 and though I enjoy it, it is just too slow a pace for the story for me.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1, 2.

Almost as much fun as it was 20 years ago.
I forgot so much about the games. Re-learning my skill is half the fun.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
RPG MAker MV for the Switch. I went to Gamestop, and they didn't have it, nor did any place around town. Amazon was sold out....so I bought digitally.

Ummmmmmm.....daunting. First, and foremost!
I don't know the full aspects in creating such a game, but it seems it could be easier, very much easier with overlay design. I understand that the battle system could be more complex.
It looks like it should live, and breathe on a PC only, and frankly would be so much easier.
But I still love the concept, and I'm plugging away.
One thing is for certain YOU ARE A GAME DEVELOPER each and every time you power this up.

I will never make a full fledged 30 hour RPG. I'm more aiming for the hour or two mark at most. Then I upload to share with the rest of the Switch community.

I'm creating a full fledged rural Zombie apocalypse game that borrows heavily (with nods) to the perfect George Romero "Dead trilogy" hopefully in time for Halloween.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
One thing that's neat about RPG Maker MV is that you can download the "player" for free and play other people's creations, I believe.

I got a bunch of games on the summer PS4 sale and have been trying to plow through them before the new consoles launch in November. Finished Control, Shadow of the Tomb Raider and all DLC, currently playing Prey 2017.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I managed to take a break from COD: Mobile long enough to pick up Star Wars: Squadrons for PSVR and try a few missions. I like it so far. Of course, because I bought it a few days ago (literally the newest video game I've purchased in decades), it's now $10 off on all digital platforms. You're welcome! :)

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Just finished the first Doom Eternal Story DLC. Holy crap that takes the already insane difficulty of the base game and ramps it up to 11. This campaign on Normal felt like other games campaigns on Extreme difficulty.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Finished a Plague Tale: Innocence a week ago (it was...something!) and Donkey Kong Country 2 on Switch (never played 2 or 3, it was great and I'm expecting Nintendo to release 3 by December). Moving on now to Metro Exodus.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
I suck at Doom Eternal, but I really like it. The story is gibberish, but the battles are insanely fast and chaotic and fun. I play at a lower difficulty and it's just about right for me. Checkpoints are fair, environments are diverse, and I actually enjoy the platforming and puzzle sequences that everyone else seems to hate.

Still playing Spider-Man on PS4. I made a rule for myself that I would complete all available side missions before triggering the next main story mission, just to make sure I can advance in the story without getting frustrated.

Spiritfarer on Xbox is peaceful, colorful, and diverse. Sort of a hand-drawn, 2D "Wind Waker meets Actraiser" but with visual novel and crafting elements instead of combat. I also loved the last game from Thunder Lotus (Sundered). That one has a steep learning curve but really gets good in the end game. They also do some of the best hand-drawn artwork I've seen this generation (on par with Supergiant).

Speaking of Supergiant, check out Hades if you haven't already. The Switch port in particular is very, very impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks