What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

West Side Story-audio (1 Viewer)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Has there been any more word as to whether or not West Side Story will be re-authored to fix the audio sync problem with the SE? I tried contacting MGM, but no word. This really bothers me because I spent a fair amount of money on this title, and I am upset that the best scene in the movie is distractingly out of sync. Even Robert Harris has commented on this.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
wow. I hadn't heard of this. I still have my original version and have been thinking about upgrading. Sounds like I should wait?

-dave

Douglas Bailey

Second Unit
Real Name
Douglas Bailey
Which scene has the sync issue? And where did RAH comment about it? (I can't see any other West Side Story threads on HTF, but maybe I'm missing something?)

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I believe it's Tony and Maria's "Tonight, Tonight" number. It's a hair out of sync, but not horribly. RAH did comment on it, said it was faulty and that it should be remastered.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Any news? I just discovered this today.
If it's just one song, I doubt they will do anything. Look at Moulin Rouge with the DTS track issue...

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Oh, the sound will be fixed. But it will be released pan&scan.

- Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tarinyanaka
Recent bookmarks