What's new

werewolf tv serie on dvd (1 Viewer)

billGR

Agent
hi everyone good evening... does anyone here know when the horror serie called werewolf is comeing on dvd. it starred chuck conners,john j. york, & lance legault. it used be on the usa network. thanks bill green :) :)

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I've heard it was of the first Fox shows. It sounds pretty cool. If it ever comes out i'd pick it up and add it to my blind buy list that also includes other short lived shows Profit & American Gothic.

Chuck West

Stunt Coordinator
It was one of the first shows on Fox. If I remember right, it came on Saturday nights. I enjoyed it and would buy it.

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
Is that the one that came on just before or just after Beans Baxter?

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
This is one of my top 10 most wanted series! I would love to see this show released! But unfortunately I am starting to loose hope that we will ever see it come out.:frowning:

Obviously... I would buy it in a second if it was tro come out.

Ed_City

Agent

That's the one! The BEANS/WEREWOLF double bill was a blast!

I imagine that when the swamp's been drained, WEREWOLF is a title FOX will release. There's only about 20+ episodes, and at 30 minutes each, they could easilly put this out as a 2 disc set.

Music will be a problem - there's are several "big" 80s songs in each episode. In fact, in the opening minutes of the pilot there is what seems to be an extended music video for "The Future's So Bright (I Gotta Wear Shades)".

But I'd snap this up in a second. And BEANS too!

Jonathan Carter

Supporting Actor
Hell yes, I would be all over this series. I've got Kindred so now I just need Werewolf to fill out the set. 2 shows I enjoyed that were prematurely cancelled.

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
Well TV on DVD is a really big seller these days. It's entirely possible that we might find Werewolf available someday. Beans Baxter would be cool too! :D By the way, did any one else have to watch Werewolf covertly due to parents being freaked out by horror shows?

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I've heard recently that this show is tied up in so much red tape that it can't even be shown on tv let alone DVD, Gord could you possibly find more info on this from Sony even if the show can't come to DVD i'd like to know the specifics of what's going on here.

I'd so love to see this show, so a DVD would be perfect.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
They've received a number of requests for the show, but they looked into it and it was the same people calling and emailing over and over. I don't think they believe there's the demand for the show. I know they've looked into it.

Gord

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Thanks Gord thats too bad though. Looking at the number on your site it said something like 700 or so that's pretty good. It seems there are people who would want it. It seems like such a cool show and i'd love to see it. Do you think they could release it to go along with that werewolf movie Cursed or the upcoming Marvel movie Werewolf By Night? That would be a good cross promotion i'd think.

There's a really good fansite by the way and it's amazing

http://www.werewolftv.com/

Chuck West

Stunt Coordinator
They should release a small production run of this show and others that they think has "not much demand". There's lots of other shows that are on DVD right now that I'm sure aren't burning up the sales charts. Every show has some audience.

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter

Not only that, but the pilot episode also features the song "Silent Running" from Mike + The Mechanics prominently. I wouldn't buy this if those two songs are not kept intact.

-Lyle J.P.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I hate to say this, but this show is in Sony's shitlist because the same fans kept emailing and mailing. They looked into it and realized it was the same people over and over, so they feel there's a lot less demand out there than what's represented in the emails and letters.

Gord

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I was talking to Lonewolf the other day about this and he told me to pass this on.

"Gord may be right and that Sony has turned a blind eye to Werewolf,
but that was a while ago when those idiots did that to them. This
is the present and WE should not be punished for other people's
ignorance. The petition I have going now is legitimate and has
legitimate signatures. And besides, it will be The Horror Channel
that approaches Sony and not an individual (a fan). Sony MUST
listen and realize that WE are serious and there are enough of us to
back this project. We currently have 100 signatures but there is
still a long way to go before I can hand it over to The Horror
Channel. We need to show Sony that it is not just a handful of us
signing the petition over and over. The petition board I have setup
will NOT allow the same person to post more than once anyway. We
need more real people to stop by and show their support! Tell
everyone you know!"

I think he's quite sincere about this being legitimate and very hopeful to help Horror Channel show Sony there are more then a few people interested. I really hope this goes well.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
That's good news, but they need a lot more than 100 signatures to get Sony's attention.

Anyway, I'll let you know if anything more develops.

Gord

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks