What's new

Weird dvd sound (1 Viewer)

Bob Bartlett

Stunt Coordinator
I was listening to the fantasia 2000 dvd and on the first song I get a weird buzzing,scratching sound coming from my right front tweeter. I thought it was the speaker so I swapped the left and right and got the same sound. Checked the speaker wire, it was okay. So I thought maybe it was the right channel on my receiver. I unhooked the digital input from the dvd player and used the l/r analog. When hooked correctly I still get the same sound in the tweeter, when I switched the cables from left to right, the sound then went to the left tweeter. So this tells me it is not the receiver correct? I did try several other dvd's and cd's and could not produce the same problem only on the fantasia one, anyone else have this kind of problem?

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Is it possible that the cable is bad?
oops, should have read more carefully. This happens with the digital cable as well. Sorry.
Rich
------------------
"A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
My Website
[Edited last by Richard Travale on August 04, 2001 at 01:08 PM]

Do you listen Fantasia DTS or DD?
From your description, maybe your DTS decoder was malfunctioning... (I hope I was wrong...)

Bob Bartlett

Stunt Coordinator
Actually I hooked the left speaker to the right cable to make sure it wasn't my speaker, I also hooked a different kind of speaker and still got the same sound. When I used analog outputs and switched between left and right the problem switched to. I tried playing in both DD and DTS and got the sound both times. It must be the movie. I tried several other movies and music cds and it would never do it again. If I knew someone with a fresh copy of the movie I would try it. I may just return the movie for a new copy. Thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks