What's new

Logitech Media K400 Plus Keyboard issue (1 Viewer)

jagman653

Grip
Real Name
Ed Sowell
I bought a Logitech Media K400 Plus keyboard hoping to make it easier to enter text on my new Samsung 55" TV. I plugged the
receiver dongle into the TV USB port and found it to work. That is, moving my fingertip over the keyboard screen moved the cursor
over the text matrix on the TV allowing fairly easy entry of a word for searching to find a movie I wanted to watch.

However, I noticed that the sound was coming directly from the speakers in the TV. That's not what I wanted, since I have a
Pioneer receiver/amplifier that drives a Bose surround sound system. I thought about moving the dongle to the Pioneer, but is has no USB posts.

I suspect that the problem is the keyboard is designed for the TV audio to be sent to a sound bar rather than a full fledged surround
sound system driven by a receiver amplifier.

Can anyone here confirm or deny my suspicions? Or more to the point, am I doomed to the painful process of entering characters from the matrix one at a time an navigating "up one row, right 6 columns, etc. to spell the name of the wanted movie?

jagman653

Grip
Real Name
Ed Sowell
I bought a Logitech Media K400 Plus keyboard hoping to make it easier to enter text on my new Samsung 55" TV. I plugged the
receiver dongle into the TV USB port and found it to work. That is, moving my fingertip over the keyboard screen moved the cursor
over the text matrix on the TV allowing fairly easy entry of a word for searching to find a movie I wanted to watch.

However, I noticed that the sound was coming directly from the speakers in the TV. That's not what I wanted, since I have a
Pioneer receiver/amplifier that drives a Bose surround sound system. I thought about moving the dongle to the Pioneer, but is has no USB posts.

I suspect that the problem is the keyboard is designed for the TV audio to be sent to a sound bar rather than a full fledged surround
sound system driven by a receiver amplifier.

Can anyone here confirm or deny my suspicions? Or more to the point, am I doomed to the painful process of entering characters from the matrix one at a time an navigating "up one row, right 6 columns, etc. to spell the name of the wanted movie?
I've discovered that there is a USB port behind the little removeable door on the front panel. Moreover, it does say it can be used to connect a keyboard. Unfortunately, after plugging in the Logitech dongle the keyboard still doesn't work.

Any one here who can cast some light on this?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks