What's new

Weekly Roundup 9/9 (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Costco ran a coupon promotion for SB, so they're probably not dropping the price too much anticipating lots of $5 coupons coming in which will drop the price to $13.99.

Malibu's Most Wanted, Family Guy S3, and Sleeping Beauty for me this week (plus catching up with Angel S2 and Futurama V2).

Charlie B. Ch.

Stunt Coordinator
There goes my HDTV fund again. 24 season 1 + 2, Sleeping Beauty, Lawrence of Arabia, Hook, and Family Guy for me this week. :frowning:

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
Just Sleeping Beauty and the new SE of Phantom of the Opera for me this week. I don't expect to find that anywhere locally, so I'll probably have to order it online.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
What's in the David Lean collection?

Thanks for the roundup, David! Lawrence of Arabia: Superbit for me. I'll have to wait on Sleeping Beauty and Family Guy.

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
24 season 1 and 2 and Family Guy season 1 and 2. Ouch and this after last week killer Tuesday!

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
* Best Buy: Sleeping Beauty comes with a free 3-song CD sampler, and RewardZone members get double points on this purchase.
Looks like I'll be getting this at Best Buy. Glad I re-read the roundup again as I have not seen BB's ad yet & was going to CC on Tuesday.

Must get points. :D :D :D

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The David Lean collection is the single disc "Lawrence...", the single disc "...Kwai", and the one and only release of "A Passage to India". If those were the versions you were interested in, it's a pretty good price.

Personally, I'm hoping that Criterion does a box set of their David Lean titles some day.

Regards,

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Just Sleeping Beauty for me this week. I'll be using my $5 Costco coupon.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Probably just Bulletproof Monk for me this week. I'll find 24: S2 used somewhere as I usually do for box sets.

Thanks again Dave! :D

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Well its 24 Season 2 for me this for sure and SB as well.

As hard as it was I skipped all of last weeks titles just so I could afford 24 this week. It was a hug disappointment to skip last week but hey I am $400+ richer right now.

Thanks as always Dave!!

Greg

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Prices at my local Wal-Mart for tomorrow's releases:

24: Season 2 $47.48
Bulletproof Monk $15.18
Confessions of a Dangerous Mind $17.08
The Core $17.08
DysFunKtional Family $18.98
Family Guy: Volume 2/Season 3 $34.18
Malibu's Most Wanted $15.18
Sleeping Beauty $17.08
The View From The Top $18.98

Looks like View is best seen from Costco (and Sleeping Beauty since I have one of those $5-off coupons), but for all the others on that list I want I'm heading to Wal-Mart.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
After reading the review for Sleeping Beauty, I am now considering getting that. Thanks for the local Wal-Mart update. I predict our WalMart SB price will be $17.63 or so, just coming a hair under the Best Buy price, but they might surprise me.

Neil

Mike_Nepo

Grip
I'm just happy that they're offering a $5 rebate (inside the DVD) for previous owners of Sleeping Beauty VHS. So, given that I bought SB for $19.99 from the Disney store, less the $10 GC they offered, plus the lithographs, less the $5 rebate for previous VHS owners, I ended up practically paying $5 for the DVD +lithographs. I expect they'll do the same thing with the Lion King DVD when it comes out next month (for those who took advantage of the Disney promo).

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Most likely no B&Ms for me this week. Got 24:S2 in the mail today from DVDSoon (US$39.xx shipped for it :D). Watched episodes 1 and 2 Saturday night and last night, respectively, from the promo disc. Will watch at least episode 3 (probably 4, maybe 5) tonight. This is now priority number 1 in my DVD watching because I have to finish it before S3 starts on FOX. The other new release I'm getting this week is Family Guy Vol 2, pre-ordered from Amazon for $19.xx shipped, with a coupon, trivia nickels, STL, and a GC. Knowing their free shipping it'll probably be a couple weeks before I get it, but I have 24 to watch first, and I still have to finish the commentaries on Futurama Vol. 2 and Simpsons S3. I'll be watching A LOT of FOX TV-on-DVD over the next few weeks. :)

My only possible B&M buy this week would be Malibu's Most Wanted at BB if I decide to get that.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Looks like CC will get my business:

Lawrence of Arabia Superbit $19.99

and

Sleeping Beauty $17.99

I wonder if there is much of a chance that Wal-Mart would have LoA Superbit?

Michael Ballack

Second Unit
Quick stupid question please. When it says that you can save $10 by buying both The Family Guy Volume one and two at Best Buy, does that mean they'll take the money off the purchase, or do they give me a $10 gift card? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks