What's new

Weekly Roundup 9/9 (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

They'll deduct $10 at the register. It won't happen until the absolute last thing after they hit the total key, so they'll probably quote the wrong total to you before the computer adjusts the final price.

Brian Steeves

Second Unit
Am I correct in thinking that BB is raising their prices again? I mean all the new releases used to run $14.99 on the release date. Then they went up to $15.99. Now they're $17.99!! WTF?!??!!!??!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
WAL-MART has most of the new catalog Paramount titles in-stock today for $9.63 each!
  • Regarding Henry[*]I.Q.[*]Leap Of Faith[*]Nobody's Fool (which I'm obviously a fool, as I left this one off of the Roundup!)
  • Losing Isaiah

The only one of the budget-priced 9/9 Paramount catalog titles they didn't have was Milk Money...much to my dismay! :frowning: Still, great prices on the rest. I grabbed Henry, I.Q., and Leap...basically a 3-for-2 pricing compared to everyone else! Get 'em fast, because they only got in roughly 3 copies of each at my local store.

It's possible that Costco will have these later, perhaps even a tad cheaper. I can't imagine them going for less than $8.99 though, and more likely a Costco price for these would be $11.99 or $12.99 each. So I'm quite happy with grabbing these on my way into work (along with FG, 24, and Core...all at the prices I told you they would be! :wink: )

Erwin

Stunt Coordinator
"WAL-MART has most of the new catalog Paramount titles in-stock today for $9.63 each!
Regarding Henry
I.Q.
Leap Of Faith
Nobody's Fool (which I'm obviously a fool, as I left this one off of the Roundup!)
Losing Isaiah"

Good to hear. I am a bit relieved b/c I wanted to get some of those titles and Amazon had them listed as $11.24 (then, everyone listed it as $14.99 and above) at one time, but I rarely buy DVDs online anymore. I will get to replace those inferior VHS versions...finally.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i thought they came out on the 16th?
losing issiah the 23rd.
maybe thats why you left them off. most arent supposed to be out yet. atleast going by other website release dates i just looked at.
nobody's fool is 9.36 at deepdiscount.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Well once again Wally World is, as always, a big YMMV place.

Scored Sleeping Beauty and The CORE for $15.44 each ($2.55 less than all others). BUT 24 Season 2 was $52.44 (OUCH!!) and no Regarding Henry.

Oh well, good luck to others.

Greg

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks as always Dave for your time and effort putting the weekly round-up together.

Local Wal-Mart (Corona, CA) - $13.88 each:

Sleeping Beauty: SE
Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
The Core (WS)
Malibu's Most Wanted (WS)
Bulletproof Monk

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
My Wal-Mart had very good prices on (lower than some, higher than others)

Sleeping Beauty $14.77

24 Season 2 $44.84

Howard Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Dave,

Thanks for your Wal-Mart post!!!:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

I had CC price match and picked-up Regarding Henry for $8.98!

You're the man!

Howie

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Local Wal-Mart (Corona, CA) - $13.88 each
Jeff, I don't know exactly where Corona is but I want to move there. ;) Seems your Wal-Mart consistently has the LOWEST B&M prices week after week. Puts my Wal-Mart to shame (especially considering they have BB/CC/Target all within a mile or so).

Matt Naglieri

Second Unit
Went to costco today and picked up 24 season 2 for $39.99. It is marked at $44.99 and there is an unadvertised $5.00 off at the register. I assume this is a fox promotion as the $5.00 off was applied to from justin to kelly a couple of weeks ago making that $12.99.

They also had the new paramount titles for $8.99 each and were well stocked.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
David, about milk money, i was at my local borders today and i got it for 11 bucks ! Of course that was after using that 20 percent off coupon, that was inside of a waldenbooks flyer, that i picked up at a waldenbooks . The price before savings was 12.99. Also at my local suncoast ,they have a deal on sleeping beauty , you can get it for 14.99, if you buy any dvd in the store thats priced 14.95 or more. So i got that deal as well.:) For the qualifying purchase i finally picked up last american virgin.:D Plus membership points on sleeping beauty,so it was a great deal.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Costco did indeed have the Paramount catalog titles...some of them, anyway. And wouldn't you know it, they were $8.99 each! :)

Which ones? Well, old release Paper Moon, plus new releases MILK MONEY (snagged it!), Regarding Henry, Losing Isaiah, & Nobody's Fool.

And, TonyD, the release date IS today. Including Nobody's Fool. I'm looking at Paramount official release information in my hands.

Greg, true about the "YMMV" thing re: Wal-Mart. I should have mentioned that...sorry.

Jeff: great prices! :emoji_thumbsup:

Howard: Happy to help! :D

Matt! Uhhhh...cool! I was gonna mention the $44.99 price at Costco, and point out that it wasn't that much better than the $47.48 price I paid for at Wal-Mart. But for an extra $5 off, I might be returning WM's copy and heading back to Costco. Geez.

Tony...I just can't bring myself to go out of the way to head to the mall to Waldenbooks just to grab a flyer to head a bunch more distance - and in the opposite direction - to Borders...

...besides, I got it cheaper at Costco! $8.99! $8.99!

Also found at Costco: $17.99 for Sleeping Beauty (which means, with my $5-off coupon, I paid $12.99 for it!), Malibu's Most Wanted for $17.99, Bulletproof Monk was there (didn't notice the price), and everything else that I mentioned on the Roundup for Costco prices was there.

Uh, except View From The Top, which I kinda wanted. But I've decided to hold off on it anyway, before I arrived, so I forgive them this time.

Then I promptly blew the money I was "saving" because they have finally gotten in the High School Reunion boxset for $29.99! :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Gonna go watch "When You Wish Upon A Weinstein" and see what all the fuss was about. Then contemplate saving $7.49 on 24-S2. ;)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
ok thats cool.
i'll have to go out tomorrow to look for nobaody's fool.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Another confirmation of the $17.99 price for Sleeping Beauty at Costco. With my $5 coupon, scored it for $12.99.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Gee, and I thought I had scored a coup when I found Sleeping Beauty at my Wal-Mart tonight for $16.67. :rolleyes:

Oh well. I was expecting $17.82 so I should be happy.....

I guess.

Scott_J: East Greenbush W-M, if you're interested!

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Seems your Wal-Mart consistently has the LOWEST B&M prices week after week. Puts my Wal-Mart to shame (especially considering they have BB/CC/Target all within a mile or so).
I am amazed week after week at my local Wal-Mart's new release DVD pricing - consistently $13.88 each. Between myself, friends, and co-workers, we have not been able to find pricing as low anywhere else. We have even checked at several other "local" Wal-Marts (in a radius of 5 to 20 miles from my WM) and have discovered higher pricing by $1 to $6. It's gotten to the point that a couple co-workers will stop by my office on Mondays to ask what DVD's are being released the next day, and would I pick-up copies for them on my way to work (I usually try to hit WM right after they open at 7am).

The only down side to this pricing is that I end up with more blind-buys that I later regret (recent examples: Cradle to the Grave :thumbsdown: and yesterday's The Core :thumbsdown: ).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks