What's new

Weekly Roundup 9/9 (1 Viewer)

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
Yeah, Jeff, but with used DVD prices on brand new releases going for between 7 and 12 bucks each, you aren't out more than a rental! Envy you, dude :)

Matt

GregBoehme

Agent
Tried to give CC my buisness since it seemed they had the best B&M price for the Superbit releases this week...of course they were no where to be found. Then I tried looking for some older SB releases and found that my CC doesn't carry ANY SB's, kid behind the counter had no clue either. Grrrrrrrr....
Oh well Amazon got my SB order. Bought the rest at BB, but think they are getting pricier, counting on the Reward Zone card to make people worry less about price to get the points.

And again Thanks Dave.

Greg

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
Ditto on CC. I just went to Best Buy and got it there. They only had 2 copies and they were put in the wrong place, but a sales guy tracked one down for me.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

OT, but Best Buy seems to be getting a little flaky with their categorizing of titles. I never know where to look for anything half the time.

"Final Destination 2" is in horror/sci-fi, but the original "Final Destination" is in drama. Go figure.

Then there's the whole issue of musical films being lumped in with actual music videos/concerts.

On the other hand, we now have clearly delineated sections for "Disney" films separate from all the other "Family" films. But, hey! Looking for The Love Bug? Don't go to the Disney section, that one's stocked under "Comedy"

What're they smokin'?

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
I just went to Best Buy and got it there. They only had 2 copies and they were put in the wrong place, but a sales guy tracked one down for me.
I kinda lucked out then. "Lawrence Of Arabia" was on the table when I 1st walked in. Right next to "The Core, Family Guy, & Sleeping Beauty". Was in & out of BB in 5 minutes. That'll never happen again. :D :D

Chris Duran

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone have any info on the buy 3 Disney DVD's get 1 free deal that is on the front of Sleeping Beauty? I haven't bought the disc yet but was curious to see what other titles you had to buy and what you could get free.

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
I had a rough time trying to find superbits myself. I tried to get BB to pricematch cc acording to the roundup but they claim to not have any, so I paid the 22.99 price and then drove to cc they sure didnt have any and they had season two of 24 for 55.99! I then went down the street to frys and they had all the superbits for 19.99! So I bought it there and then drove back to BB to get them to pricematch the 3+ bux and then drove back to frys to return the sb of hook. In the process I did also get LofA sb at frys as well but damn man all that to save a lousy five bucks.

fyi if anyone got the free preview of 24 there was a five bux off of season two or ten off both seasons. I just wish someone had a better price the 49.99, course I heard costco was less but who knows my costco is never the same as the roundup.
I am so tempted to drive to corona for that friggn walmart I have friends who live there and I just might do it on a big week. Can you shoot us locals the addy?
thanks

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Anyone have any info on the buy 3 Disney DVD's get 1 free deal that is on the front of Sleeping Beauty? I haven't bought the disc yet but was curious to see what other titles you had to buy and what you could get free.
Although the page in the booklet pertaining to the offer shows Sleeping Beauty, The Lion King and The Santa Clause 2, it says "Free Disney DVD or Video When You Buy ANY 3 Disney DVDs or Videos -- Plus $1.99 S&H. Offer good from Sept. 9, 2003 through December 31, 2003. For more information, log onto DisneyVideos.com"

Your choice of titles is (and you are told to prioritize from 1 to 3):

The Adventures of Ichabod & Mr. Toad
Tarzan & Jane
The Tigger Movie
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Robin Hood
The Mighty Ducks
Remember the Titans (FS)
Remember The Titans (WS)
Snow Dogs
The Country Bears

You need to send:
The original hand-printed completed certificate (no photocopies)
Proof-of-purchse tabs from 3 Disney DVDs or videos
Cash register receipts from 3 Disney DVDs or videos purchased between 9/9/2003 and 12/31/2003.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Here you go Craig (and any other locals):

Wal-Mart
479 N McKinley St
Corona, CA 92879
(909) 270-0707

It's located 1.5 miles east of Interstate 15
Just north of Highway 91 at the McKinley St exit
On the right-hand side of the street

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Matt Naglieri:
Went to costco today and picked up 24 season 2 for $39.99. It is marked at $44.99 and there is an unadvertised $5.00 off at the register. I assume this is a fox promotion as the $5.00 off was applied to from justin to kelly a couple of weeks ago making that $12.99.
The deal is either local to New Jersey or was a price error in their system or something. I stopped by my Costco on the way home and tried to buy it at $39.99, but it rang at $44.99 and no other discounts were coming up, nor was there anything like a coupon on the box or on the display that we could find. I explained that "my friend told me he bought it at Costco for $39.99, could it be different at different stores?" The reply was that it shouldn't be...a call to the one at the other end of Memphis revealed that it rang up there at $44.99 as well.

Oh, well...I decided to keep the Wal-Mart copy at $47.49 that was already charged to my Master Card, and instead bought the SNL - 25 Years Of Music that I had held off getting a few weeks ago. Hey, it was $39.99! :)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Regarding Sleeping Beauty, what do owners of the VHS copy need to do to get the $5 back? Is it just sending back the proof-of-purchase tab from the VHS copy along with some coupon inside the DVD?

Thanks,

Neil

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Thanks, Jeff! Next time I'm in SoCal...

Actually, I was in San Diego last week for a conference. Unfortunately, the company didn't spring for a car this time (it was one of those conferences where everything's in the hotel), or I might have made the trek up I-15 that Tuesday night. ;)

Carl Walker

Stunt Coordinator
Please forgive me if this has been posted here... I skimmed the 3 pages of posts and did not see it mentioned:

Family Guy Volume 2 is available at Sam's Club for $31.72. This was the price in yesterday in Chicago as well as the price at the Sam's in Winston-Salem, NC.

Matt Naglieri

Second Unit
TO David Lambert,

Sorry to hear you couldn't get the same deal. There were no signs anywhere indicating that there was a discount nor any printed coupons but as I said in another post the same thing happened a couple of weeks earlier with another fox title so I guess like you said it must be a regional thing otherwise im sure someone would have caught the error by now.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
No prob...I woulda loved the extra savings, but I'm not really upset about the price I got. Thanks as always for the info.

To everyone: I REALLY appreciate all the feedback and input you guys bring to this thread each and every week. It would not be nearly as fun and beneficial (to me!) to share this info without getting everyone's tips and hot prices, and filling me in on what I miss. It's great to have this give-and-take, and not just be sitting in here talking to myself. THANK YOU! You're part of what makes this a great thread once a week. :emoji_thumbsup:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Here's something I had forgotten to mention before I went to bed last night!

My wife called me last night from Kroger, where she had stopped on the way home to grab a couple of things. "We already got Sleeping Beauty, right?" "Yeah, even though we haven't had time to watch it. $12.99 at Costco with the coupon we had. Why?"

"Because Kroger is selling it for $15.95."

Howard Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
I've been using this month's 20% off Borders Coupons for new releases. Including the discount, they seem to have the best price on the new Superbits at $19.19 each.

Howie

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
None of the three Circuit City's in my area had Lawrence of Arabia Superbit in stock. :frowning:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Howard, I'm with Martin. What 20% coupon are you using? Is it the one previously mentioned from the Waldenbooks flyer, or is it a new electronic one that I somehow missed?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks