What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features
full

– The Great Caruso – 1951
full

– Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia – 1974
full

– Dunkirk – 1958
full

– Antigone – 2019

The Prices
full

Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!
Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

No 4k titles this week...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Well, we haven't hit the mother lode yet, but there are definitely some titles this week that people have been looking for.

Hope you find something you like.

Safe shopping!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Not the greatest week in existence, but I have one or two items here I'm slated to review if/when they arrive.

Thanks for the RoundUp.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Thanks, Mike. Nothing for me right now... although I may eventually upgrade my DVD of Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia to the Kino BD release during a sale.

DennisBassi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dennis
Would like to purchase ”The Babe” but have concerns about what they are calling ”retro VHS” packaging. Does anyone know what that is? Sometimes a normal blu ray case is just the best route to protect the disc rather than some gimmick.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Would like to purchase ”The Babe” but have concerns about what they are calling ”retro VHS” packaging. Does anyone know what that is? Sometimes a normal blu ray case is just the best route to protect the disc rather than some gimmick.
It is a normal blu-ray case. It's just that the cover is printed to look like a VHS box with the cassette sticking out. It's only an illusion.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
@David Weicker is right. Amazon also has a previously-released version without the VHS image gimmick for sale for the same price if you don't want that. It's probably exactly the same disc inside either way as there is no reason they would need to change it.

David Norman

Premium
As a quick reminder of a POSSIBLE WBShop sale on Friday 3/12. If the advance notices were correct, the usual spring Warner Archive 4 for 44 sale appears it will start this week instead of waiting until around 3/23 like normal.

I guess we won't know for sure until sometime Friday and unlike Criterion Flash sales, there isn't a usual hard starting time so sometime between 6am and Noon ET

Since is being billed as the Last WbShop 4/44 sale run by Araca the rules may or may not follow past sales exactly so how new releases will be handled (0/30/30/90 day exclusion) and IF there will be an overlapping Multidisc Sale like in November just isn't known yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CodyCookie