What's new

Weekly Roundup 9/30 (1 Viewer)

Nick Senger

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, thank you for your work, Dave. Much appreciated.

For those of you with a Hastings store nearby, my local store lists a price of $49.99 for the Warner Legends box. I don't think it will be in on Tuesday, however, so I might try my Borders %40 off coupon.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Chris, Bollivar: Didn't have room/time to list everything that was in the ads this week. I think both of those made it to at least one or two ads...you might want to double-check.

Adrian, you list both Robin Hood AND Warner Legends on your list. You do realize that the one's included in the other, right?

For those unclear on this: The Warner Legends Collection is the Adventures of Robin Hood 2DSE, Treasure of the Sierra Madre 2DSE, and the Yankee Doodle Dandy 2DSE...with a 7th disc added in that cannot be gotten separately. That disc is called "Here's Looking at You, Warner Bros. ", and Circuit City describes that disc this way:

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: Mine! I'm waiting to see if the Costco stores or maybe even Wal-Mart has a deal on WLC before committing to any other course of action with it.

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
I can't see anyone having a better deal than Amazon+STL+free shipping on the Warners box. $44.05 shipped. Great deal!

mike.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Crap now it looks like I have to get the Legends set, nice set!!

BTW as soon as someone has a price on 2F2F @ Target please post it. The extra disc would be nice but I don't want to pay too much extra to get it.

Thanks as usual Dave!!

Looks like the following for me:

2F2F
Warner Legends (hoping for a good deal here like others)
Scarface
Bend it Like Beckham (hey its for the wife not me)

Greg

Greg S

Supporting Actor
David and others,

FYI Deep Discount DVD still has Victory at Sea for $42.53 shipped (ie free shipping). Best price I have seen on this based on the roundup.

Greg

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy DVD sale listings:

$9.99
Purple Rain
Jerry MaGuire (1-disc set)
Fear Dot Com
City By The Sea
Showtime
A Bronx Tale
Ronin
The Cell
The Pelican Brief
Lethal Weapon
Lethal Weapon 2
Lethal Weapon 3
Lethal Weapon 4
Thirteen Ghosts
You've Got Mail
The Thomas Crown Affair
The Body Guard
Romeo Must Die
A Time to Kill
Set It Off
The Wedding Singer
Three Kings
Sleepers
The Matrix

-------------

Circuit City DVD sale listings:

$19.99
Daddy Day Care SE
Anger Management SE
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Chicago
Holes
A Man Apart
Bulletproof Monk SE

$8.99 each
Little Nicky
Fear Dot Com
The Whole Nine Yards
Practical Magic
Love Jones
U.S. Marshals

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Well, I was going to hold off this week and wait till the price goes down on Treasure of the Sierra Madre and Adventures of Robin Hood. However, after that description from Dave about the 7th disc, I'm heading over to Amazon.com to purchase the whole collection. Dave, you should be collecting commission on these. :D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Wal-Mart prices vary widely, sometimes even at different stores in the same market depending on the amount of nearby competitors. It would be impossible to list a Wal-Mart price with any kind of accuracy. At least Sam's Club is usually more uniform.

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
How come no one listed the prices of:

Forbidden Dance Is Lambada

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3: Leatherface

Are these movies not going to be released this Tuesday after all? I have read everywhere they were going to be released on the 30th.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Malcolm beat me to it. It would be impossible to list Wal-Mart prices on a reliable basis.

There is someone at my local store who tries his best to inform me of the prices at THAT LOCATION in advance of the Tuesday street date. When I'm able to I post them here. It's definately a YMMV situation, since prices vary from store to store.

From what he's informed me of for this week, MY store will look like this (an * after the price indicates he's not sure it will be there on Tuesday...the others are already there and holding to be put out):
  • 2 Fast 2 Furious $15.18*
    The Adventures of Robin Hood $18.98*
    Barbie in Swan Lake $13.24
    Bend it Like Beckham $17.08
    Boat Trip (R-Rated Version) $18.94
    Dawson's Creek Series Finale $18.98
    Dreamcatcher $15.18
    Fargo - Special Edition $14.24
    Mr. Bean 2-Pack $19.98*
    Nowhere in Africa $18.98*
    The Osbournes - Season 2 $17.08
    Scarface $15.18*
    Scarface Gift Pack $42.00*
    Scooby-Doo and the Monster of Mexico $15.18
    The Treasure of Sierra Madre $18.98*
    Yankee Doodle Dandy $18.98*

These are only the ones from my Roundup...stuff I left off the Roundup (like Better Luck Tomorrow) was mentioned, but I didn't jot it down. For availability and prices in your area, check your local listings! :D

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Did anyone catch this over at DVDTalk??

Scarface Deluxe Gift Set Edition $29.99 after MIR
Just a heads up, I know that it's covered in the Coconuts thread, but I also know that few people expect them to have deals so it might get overlooked. (-mods, delete if necessary, but i think this thread is reasonable.)

All Transworld stores (fye, Coconuts, Strawberries etc) are running a $20 mail-in-rebate on this set.

Sale price is $49.99

SO after the MIR your looking at $29.99 which is by far the best price available for this set.

Not available online, however you can use the storelocator to find your nearest Transwold store.

Also, surprisingly quick turnaround on rebates through TWEC, and you can check your status online as well.

If its like the E.R. deal you have to ask for the rebate form when you check out. They DO NOT volunteer it!!

I will check FYE tommorrow if so than this is a smoking deal on this set!!

Greg

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Mitch, they street tomorrow. I just don't have the time/room to list everything. Notice that the Roundup is getting put up later and later in the day in the past few months. There's so much coming out, some things can't make the cut. Frankly I wonder sometimes why I include all the things that I do...like the Fu Manchus on this week's list. Why did I put those on there? I dunno...I just did.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
JUST CONFIRMED AT MY LOCAL FYE!!!

The Gift set will be $49.99 with a $20 mail in rebate!!

The Widescreen SE only will be $19.99 with a $5 mail in rebate!!

I will be headed to FYW tommorrow for sure!!!

MAKE SURE TO ASK FOR THE REBATE AS I KNOW FOR A FACT THEY DO NOT VOLUNTEER IT!!!!

Greg

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Hey, the Fu Manchus are put out by Blue Underground, and if you have a taste for cult or exploitation just about everything they've put out is worth buying. Just a vote of affirmation for your inner Jess Franco, Dave. :D Thanks for the Roundup! Lots to buy...I think Victory at Sea is going to have to go onto my birthday wish list since there's just too much coming. Yikes.

Scott DeToffol

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott DeToffol
Does anyone know if the Amazon price on the Warner's Legends Collection will stay the same after release date, or is it a pre-release price?

TIA

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Couple of Comments. First watch out for the Coconuts/Strawberries Rebate deals. Yes they advertise at phenominal prices less the rebate, but also good luck getting the rebate. I tried for a few disks and never received it. After inquiring they say I did not send the correct info. I hate these rebate offers and generally shy away from them. Just put them on sale no jumping thru hoops.

Also I'm kinda tired of disks being offered as special incentive to buy a box set or from a specific retailer. I did'nt even know about this warner set and I've already preordered the titles seperately.. There should be at the very least a coupon to get the extra disk for a mail in offer.

Jim-M

Second Unit
Anybody aware of any deals on Dr. Quinn if I'm willing to buy both season 1 & 2 together?
Check out DeepDiscountDVD.com for Dr. Quinn. Their prices are a lot lower than anyone else. We got the first season for $42.xx there and I see the 2nd season is $58.xx.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks