What's new

Weekly Roundup 9/30 (1 Viewer)

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
Yesterday my BB had sold out of all the WS versions of Scarface by the time I got there. Luckily Fry's decided to sell it today for $15.99!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

This has happened so often recently, though, you'd expect there to be some sort of learning curve taking place. Yet we seem to have this same fiasco repeated with every big catalog SE release. I guess no one has identified the pattern yet. :rolleyes

Keith M.

Second Unit
Just thought I would let everyone know, my Warner Collection shipped today from Amazon!;)

BTW, They have raised the price of the boxset!! Its now over $50...

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I finally made it to my local WalMart. They had Fargo there for $14.63. Unfortunately, they only had the fullscreen Bend It Like Beckman, so I had to pass on it. When I asked, they said was only available in fullscreen.

Neil

Enrique B Chamorro

Supporting Actor
I jumped on the Scarface Giftset at Coconuts.
$49.99, then a mail in rebate for $20.
I had to check 3 different stores in the area,
2 in S Chicagoland and 1 in NW Indiana.
I had to pick it up at the store with the
highest sales tax, 8.25% in Chicago vs. 6% in
Indiana.
Glad to have it!

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
In response to TonyTone, I've also been trying to find the Spongebob Xmas DVD for the last week, but haven't had any luck. I've tried 2 Best Buys, 3 Targets, 3 Meijers, 1 Circuit City, and 3 Wal-Marts, but none of them have gotten this in. Has anyone been able to find it?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'm told by most retailers that there is a long list of DVDs that street-dated in the past few weeks, which are being held back from display until after Halloween. That these are seasonal items which will join the Christmas displays and promotions.

The ones I can think of off the top of my head are: Scrooge, The Homecoming: A Christmas Story, Nicktoons: Christmas (although I've seen it at Best Buy), Spongebob: Christmas, Blue's Clues: Blue's First Holiday (seen it at BB), and this week's Little House on the Prairie: Christmas and It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas.

I'm surprised that Christmas Vacation and Christmas Story aren't also being held back, but these at least are films with major interest from their fans.

In a way, though, this is fine, because it spreads out the spending a bit more and besides that these titles are more likely to be on sale for the holidays.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I hope to catch up on my DVD purchases on Black Friday after Thanksgiving. At least, that's the plan, Stan.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks