What's new

Weekly RoundUp 6-6-2006 (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
God the Beginning of the Summer DVD Season is murder on my Pocket book, even being selective is hard

I picked up

John Ford/John Wayne Set
Wild Wild West
F Troop
Cheyanne
The 2 Fox Noir's
Time Tunnel S2

The was Alot more I wanted but I was lucky to get this much.

$35.99 for Firewall HD-DVD and $13.99 SD yeah that's gonna motivate them Hi Def sales. I just Picked up the 30th Anniversary Blazing Saddles for $5.50 at Walmart and it's HD-DVD companion sits at Best Buy for $30 Yikes.

Dillon*G

Second Unit
I want:
-Butch Cassidy:SE
-Dumbo: SE
-Entourage:Season 2
-Firewall
-Glory Road
-Home Improvement Season 3 and Season 4
-Mr. and Mrs. Smith:SE
-Underworld:Evolution

Thanks for the prices Mike and Patrick.

MarkDude

Stunt Coordinator
Oh boy; it's the Antichrist edition of the Weekly RoundUp...

Anyway, if I get anything it'll be Home Improvement: S4. Though my big purchase this week will most likely be (finally) an HD DVD player.

Dave Jessup

Stunt Coordinator
The "Chaplin: Little Tramp" collection noted above caught me for a moment: on my mini-calendar I'd noted Image's restored Mutual set as out this week. Nope, my erroneous/outdated info: per Amazon the Image is in July and this week's set is a collection from Passport International.

Thanks as always for the good work, gents!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Already pre-ordered The Searchers for $26 and change. Gonna grab Dumbo from Target and price match He-Man.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter

Me too. I'm hoping I can get Best Buy to honor their ad for the old style packaging. Apparently this week Fox is releasing the new style packaging for seasons 7-9.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Thanks again, Mike and Patrick. Your service is invaluable! Especially since this is the second week in a row with no Best Buy circular in my Sunday paper. The Circuit City ads show up about twice a year, but I usually could always count on perusing the Best Buy ads with my morining breakfast!

Anyway, that John Ford/John Wayne Collection is extremely tempting. Maybe it will show up at the local BJ's Wholesale Club at a decent price (though I find their selection rather lacking lately). Gotta pick up Underworld Evolution, too.

Keep up the great work!

FranklinC

Stunt Coordinator
"John Wayne/John Ford Collection: The Searchers: 50th Anniversary Edition, Stagecoach SE, Fort Apache, The Long Voyage Home, Wings of Eagles, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, They Were Expendable, 3 Godfathers."

Everything I've seen (Amazon, the HTF software forum) shows the Ultimate Edition of The Searchers included in this set, not the 50th Anniversary. Has that changed?

Can somebody who has this set already clarify?

John Swarce

Second Unit
Thanks for the prices, Mike and Patrick!

I am also finishing up the X files, plus Underworld. Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition for $17.99 at CC???? I'm there!

John

Dillon*G

Second Unit
I did not see you list this Mike but Best Buy has an on-pack exclusive "Hug it Out" t-shirt with its copies of Entourage:Season 2. Minimum 15 per store.

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
Wow. Another week of sitting on the sidelines. :frowning:

I'll probably blind buy the HD of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang when it comes out (providing they put it out on HD) next week and then Syriana the week after that.

As always, thanks for the updates, guys. Sunday morning ritual: Check out the sales thread here and then Meet the Press. :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

D'oh!

And for the past month or so I've been thinking "how clever" that they decided to release the new version of The Omen in theaters on Tuesay!

Thanks, Scott!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks