The Features

– Cast (On The Town – 1949)

– Selma – 2015

– Goodfellas – 1990

– Anchors Aweigh – 1945

– Fifty Shades of Grey – 2015

The Prices

Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs (Date) Amazon BestBuy Target
Against the Sun (Anchor Bay)  $9.96
All The King's Men (2006) (Mill Creek)  $9.98
Amira & Sam (Cinedigm)  $19.49
Black or White (Fox)  $14.92 $14.99
Black Sea (Universal)  $17.99 $14.99
Broadchurch: Season 2 $24.99
Cheers: Complete Series $74.60
Concerning Violence (Kino)  $19.99
Dalziel & Pascoe (Season Eleven) (BBC)  $39.99
Elza (Kino)  $19.99
Father Brown (Season 2) (BBC)  $28.79
Few Best Men, A (Universal)  $15.18
Fifty Shades of Grey (Universal) (Available Friday, May 8)  $14.99 $14.99
Fugitive, The (Complete Series) (Paramount)  $50.48
Johnny Test (The Complete Fifth Season) (Mill Creek)  $7.99
Last Five Years, The (Anchor Bay)  $9.99
Law & Order (The 18th Year) (Universal)  $25.85
Law & Order (The 19th Year) (Universal)  $25.85
Law & Order (The 20th Year) (Universal)  $25.85
Lost River (Warner Bros.)  $9.99
Lost Rivers $19.49
Love, Rosie (Paramount)  $22.93
Masters of Sex (Season 2) (Sony)  $29.99
Miss Julie (2014) (Lions Gate)  $19.96
Mr. Selfridge (The Complete 3rd Season) (PBS)  $23.69
Mr. Turner (Sony)  $30.99
Murder of a Cat (Anchor Bay)  $27.98
Parenthood (Season 6: The Final Season) (Universal)  $22.99
Parenthood (The Complete Series) (Universal)  $79.82
Pitch Perfect (Sing-Along Aca-Awesome Edition) (Universal)  $19.98
Pyramid, The (Fox)  $14.93
Scooby-Doo (13 Spooky Tales: Surf's Up Scooby-Doo!) (Warner Bros.)  $15.99
Scott & Bailey (Season 3) (BBC)  $25.19
Secret Invasion, The (Kino)  $11.99
Selma (Paramount)  $18.99 $16.99
Spare Parts (Lions Gate)  $12.87
Train, The (Kino)  $11.99
White Collar (Season 6) (Fox)  $14.76
White Collar (The CON-Plete Collection) (Fox)  $98.29
Winter Sleep $19.99

Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays (Date) Amazon BestBuy Target
1941 (Blu-ray) (Universal)  $13.46
Adventures of Ford Fairlane, The (Blu-ray) (Anchor Bay)  $11.69
All The King's Men (2006) (Blu-ray) (Mill Creek)  $8.99
Always (Blu-ray) (Universal)  $13.47
Amira & Sam (Blu-ray) (Cinedigm)  $18.99
Anchors Aweigh (Blu-ray) (Warner Bros.)  $13.89
Be Cool (Blu-ray) (MGM)  $14.99
Black or White (Blu-ray) (Fox)  $19.92 $19.99
Black Sea (Blu-ray) (Universal)  $22.99 $19.99
Clint Eastwood (The Universal Pictures 7-Movie Collection) (Universal)  $76.36
Dancing on the Edge (Blu-ray) (PBS)  $24.99
Days Of Grace (Blu-ray) (Cinema Libre)  $29.95
Duel (Blu-ray) (Universal)  $14.97
Fifty Shades of Grey (Blu-ray) (Universal) (Available Friday, May 8)  $19.70 $19.99
Frank Sinatra Collection, The (Blu-ray) (Warner Bros.)  $51.79
Get Shorty (20th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray) (MGM)  $14.99
Goodfellas (25th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray) (Warner Bros.)  $31.48
Halt and Catch Fire (The Complete First Season) (Blu-ray) (Anchor Bay)  $32.99
Hoovey $14.99
Kiss of the Dragon (Blu-ray) (Anchor Bay)  $12.99
Ladyhawke (Blu-ray) (Warner Archive)  $19.79
Last Five Years, The (Blu-ray) (Anchor Bay)  $12.98
Lost River (Blu-ray) (Warner Bros.)  $14.94
Mad Max [Collector's Edition] $12.98
Masters of Sex: Season 2 $41.16
Mr. Selfridge (The Complete 3rd Season) (Blu-ray) (PBS)  $27.99
Mr. Turner (Blu-ray) (Sony)  $31.48
Old Gringo (Blu-ray) (Mill Creek)  $8.99
On the Town (Blu-ray) (Warner Bros.)  $14.99
Pitch Perfect (Sing-Along Aca-Awesome Edition) (Blu-ray) (Universal)  $14.99
Pyramid, The (Blu-ray) (Fox)  $20.66
Road House $14.99
Robin and the 7 Hoods (Blu-ray) (Warner Bros.)  $13.89
Secret Invasion, The (Blu-ray) (Kino)  $17.99
Selma (Blu-ray) (Paramount)  $22.99 $19.99
Sugarland Express, The (Blu-ray) (Universal)  $14.98
Supercross (Blu-ray) (Anchor Bay)  $12.99
Terminator, The (MGM)  $11.89
Winter Sleep $20.99
Zombie Killers: Elephant's Graveyard (Blu-ray) (Anchor Bay)  $12.99

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain! If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).

The Specials

--This is Week #3 of no Best Buy flyer being available to me in my local newspaper.   

--Target this week has an EXCLUSIVE DELUXE LIMITED EDITION release of Fifty Shades of Grey.  It includes 30 minutes of bonus content and a journal & pen set ($22.99).  Their regular Blu edition also contains the EXCLUSIVE bonus content ($19.99).   And, get a FREE $5 TARGET GIFTCARD if you buy both the movie and the Fifty Shades of Grey OST on CD ($11.99).

--Target is also advertising a selection of $15 films.  The only Blu pictured is Wild.  DVDs include:  Interstellar, Birdman, Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1, The Sound of Music, Paddington, Once Upon a Time: Season 1, Downton Abbey: S4, Outlander: S?  (and select others). 

--Target Odds and Ends: Target also has lists of $10 DVDs, $9 DVDs and $4.75 DVDs (and select others).

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks for the Roundup, Mike. I have The Last Five Years coming via Amazon, which is a must-see for musical fans that sadly didn't get much theatrical play. That's it for me this week in way of purchases, although I might get some of the catalog titles like Duel later on. I wanted to see Mr. Turner in theaters and missed it but am not going to blind buy it at these prices, so might rent it at some point.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I requested both Black or White and The Last Five Years for review. Don't know if either will be forthcoming. Also requested the last season of White Collar on DVD, but that, too, may not arrive.

Eagerly looking forward to receiving the Sinatra Collection Blu-ray box despite RAH's tepid opinions on their quality. It's likely the only Blu-rays these classics will ever receive.

Thanks as always for the RoundUp!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Bigger week for me. I'll pick up Mad Max and Masters Of Sex. I'll wait on Goodfellas until the prices drops more.

Selma was well worth a rental for those that haven't seen it.

Thanks for the prices, Mike! :)

Mike Frezon said:
--This is Week #3 of no Best Buy flyer being available to me in my local newspaper.
I got one (that sounds like the world's dumbest brag). I'll post the prices when I get a chance.

EDIT:
New releases:
50 Shades Of Grey: $19.99 Blu-ray combo (regular or Best Buy exclusive steelbook)/$14.99 DVD- AVAILABLE ON FRIDAY
Black Or White: $19.99 Blu-ray/$15.99 DVD
The Pyramid: $19.99 Blu-ray/$14.99 DVD
Black Sea: $22.99 Blu-ray combo/$17.99 DVD
Selma: $22.99 Blu-ray combo/$18.99 DVD
WrestleMania: $22.99 Blu-ray/$17.99 DVD
Masters Of Sex: Season Two: $34.99 Blu-ray/$29.99 DVD

TV season sales:
The Big Bang Theory: Season 6: $16.99 DVD
Outlander: Season 1- Volume 1: $19.99 DVD
NCIS: Season 11: $22.99 DVD
Vikings: Season 2: $24.99 Blu-ray
Sons Of Anarchy: Season 7: $27.99 DVD
American Horror Story: Coven: $27.99 DVD
Boardwalk Empire: Season 5: $27.99 DVD
Game Of Thrones: Season 4: $34.99 DVD

Buy 3 For $20 or $7.99 each:

Crazy, Stupid Love (Blu-ray combo)
Singin' In The Rain (Blu-ray)

The Bodyguard (Blu-ray)
Magic Mike (Blu-ray combo)

3-D sales- $19.99 each:
The Book Of Life (3-D Blu-ray/Blu-ray/DVD)
Avatar (3-D Blu-ray/Blu-ray/DVD)
X-Men: Days Of Future Past (3-D Blu-ray/Blu-ray)

Sales:
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome: $7.99 Blu-ray
The Road Warrior: $7.99 Blu-ray
Batman Vs. Robin: $12.99 Blu-ray combo/$9.99 DVD/$17.99 Blu-ray combo and figurine

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
TravisR said:
Bigger week for me. I'll pick up Mad Max and Masters Of Sex. I'll wait on Goodfellas until the prices drops more.

Selma was well worth a rental for those that haven't seen it.

Thanks for the prices, Mike! :)

I got one (that sounds like the world's dumbest brag). I'll post the prices when I get a chance.
Masters or Sex Season 2 Blu-ray is $35.13 (including tax and free shipping) at Deep Discount using 15% off code DERBY15 until today only. Best Buy is selling for $34.99 but that doesn't include tax.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks as always for the round up, Mike. I saw the Sinatra BD collection out early at Costco for $47.99. Given RAH's lukewarm overview I will pass, but am anxiously awaiting Matt's thoughts as well.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
David Weicker said:
So, this is a bit later than the past few weeks

Was someone watching SNL?

:laugh: No! I was at another family wedding. This is the third wedding for my wife & I since April 10th! No others on the immediate horizon. Phew!

TravisR said:

Travis: Thanks...yet again! I wonder if I'll never see another BB flyer?!?

Steve...O said:
Thanks as always for the round up, Mike. I saw the Sinatra BD collection out early at Costco for $47.99. Given RAH's lukewarm overview I will pass, but am anxiously awaiting Matt's thoughts as well.

You and me both. Like I stated in RAH's thread, I'm keeping my pre-order of the big set anyway...based on these remarks of his:

There is no doubt that these are far better than their DVD counterparts.

Also, for those who wish to own these films on Blu, I would lay odds on the fact that they will not be seeing new work for the foreseeable future.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I only had one thing on my calendar for this week (Disney Legacy Collection: Disneyland) but apparently it's going to be exclusive to the resort until August. Previous info said it would be available on DisneyStore.com as well...but a press release from last week doesn't mention any online sales.

I also got what I'm classifying as a strange request over the weekend to watch Fifty Shades. Conveniently "missed" it in the theater, but I don't think I'm getting around it this time....

Byron Sauer

Auditioning
Thanks for the lineup. Just an observance but I think the reason for lack of a flyer is due to BestBuy slowly backing out of the home video market. Compared to five years ago, especially in the MD area, you're likely only to find major first tier releases rather than a hodgepodge selection in the stores; same goes for their music aisles. I always assumed those purchases kept them afloat before and after holiday seasons so it seems counterproductive to force buyers towards Amazon or Target.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Aaron Silverman said:
Deep Discount is still around???

I remember back in the day. . .

I think they're under new management or owners because the last few BDs I've ordered there have been cheaper than Amazon (with coupon codes) and faster delivery.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
So did I miss something or does MGM and Amazon have a tiff going on between them? Be Cool and Get Shorty showing as out of stock on Amazon...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Carlo Medina said:
So did I miss something or does MGM and Amazon have a tiff going on between them? Be Cool and Get Shorty showing as out of stock on Amazon...
It has the same "Currently Unavailable" listing that they had the other times but The Terminator is still listed for tomorrow. Maybe Get Shorty and Be Cool got bumped to another date at the last minute?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Byron Sauer said:
Thanks for the lineup. Just an observance but I think the reason for lack of a flyer is due to BestBuy slowly backing out of the home video market.
Lack of a flyer seems to be a regional thing, as many of us still get them every week. For some reason, they're just not being included in Mike's local paper.

Also, they sell a lot more merchandise than home video. I don't think the existence of their weekly flyer is dependent on video sales.

Perhaps they're considering more store closings and decided not to renew expiring advertising contracts in those markets?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Byron Sauer said:
Thanks for the lineup. Just an observance but I think the reason for lack of a flyer is due to BestBuy slowly backing out of the home video market. Compared to five years ago, especially in the MD area, you're likely only to find major first tier releases rather than a hodgepodge selection in the stores; same goes for their music aisles. I always assumed those purchases kept them afloat before and after holiday seasons so it seems counterproductive to force buyers towards Amazon or Target.

Byron:

Welcome to the HTF! :welcome:

Been lurking a while? :biggrin: Glad you joined. Lots of fun discussions happening around the board right now. Jump in!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Amazon just kindly dropped the price of Last Five Years on Blu-ray to $7.99, which means I should be due a refund later in the week as it shipped at $12.97. They are now restricting its sale to Prime members (which continues to make no sense to me, but if you are one and have any interest in the film at all, you can't beat that price for a blind buy.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
My earlier post had the incorrect Costco price for the Sinatra BD set. It is $49.99 not $47.99. My sincere apologies. They also had the complete Frasier and Cheers sets for $69.99 apiece. I bet those come down at some point. No Fugitive set, which based on another HTF thread, has the uncorrected discs and is going to irritate fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks