What's new

Black Friday 2017 hauls - what did you get? (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
meet.gif

James: That sucks. i

Return? Replace? Whatcha gonna do?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
So sorry, James. I know you were looking forward to it. Hopefully there was some kind of insurance so you can at least get your money back.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thank you UPS.

:(

Can I get a group hug?

:)

That definitely sucks. Your situation is a reason why I don't order these types of items on-line. It is going to be especially frustrating if the outer box showed no damage as UPS will be unlikely to accept responsibility. Hope it works out for you though.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Thanks y'all! I still have my puny 42" plasma. The old coot still has plenty of life! And funny thing I rearranged everything in the room and now the plasma looks so much better... although there is plenty of space on each side.... but still!!! :D

I do have to wonder how much care UPS is expected to give packages. This was a U-Haul brand box meant for up to 70". Everything was wrapped separately, stand and all. I have to wonder if people need to package things better than cans of nuclear waste. Moderate care.... I don't think they did it. It was obviously dropped. There's a fold in the bottom of the box.

I used my credit card and bought on ebay. Hoping those 2 things help. The seller has been very helpful so far. They put in the claim to UPS. Just the waiting... ready to get something else. I'm definitely a 3D fan. I'll have to spend more though. Instead of $740, which was a great deal... maybe $1200 or less. There's a few new ones out there.

Oh, one good thing is Christmas bonus, tax refund early next year and I even get a raise early next year! (raise is very loose term here but still....)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
OH found this.... and I believe everything here was followed... the box did look pretty rough. You almost need to take pictures of the whole packing, shipping process. I'll bet the box didn't look like it does at first.

You can help to ensure that your package arrives safely and on time with these packaging guidelines and procedures developed from UPS research.

• Use a rigid box with flaps intact
  • Remove any labels, hazardous materials indicators, and other previous shipment markings on the box that are no longer applicable
  • Wrap all items separately
  • Use adequate cushioning material
  • Use strong tape designed for shipping
  • Do not use string or paper over-wrap
  • Use a single address label that has clear, complete delivery and return information
  • Place a duplicate address label inside the package

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks