What's new

Weekly Roundup 2/4 (1 Viewer)

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
I apologize if this has been addressed and/or answered elsewhere, but...anyone know why Predator 2 seems hard to come by? Where I live (Sacramento area), I've been to a few BB and CC and have yet to find a single copy, let alone even a placeholder for it. Is it on back-order in certain areas?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Tony, the answer is as simple as this: as with other catalog titles, the retailers don't want to pay extra frieght charges to have these "slower" (to them) titles overnight-air shipped in. They pay the slower ground freight, and hence usually have it by the weekend...or even a few weeks later.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
DDD has SWEET HOME ALABAMA for $14.89, no tax, no shipping, if you don't mind waiting. :D

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
sounds logical, but why is my predator 2 still on backorder at bestbuy.com?

Tony, the answer is as simple as this: as with other catalog titles, the retailers don't want to pay extra frieght charges to have these "slower" (to them) titles overnight-air shipped in. They pay the slower ground freight, and hence usually have it by the weekend...or even a few weeks later.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Same reason, probably. The copies of P2 are likely on a slow boat from the manufacturer or studio to the fulfillment warehouse.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
sounds logical, but why is my predator 2 still on backorder at bestbuy.com?
Not only that, it's not even available for in-store pickup. Now, why is it that some titles are like that, especially in P2's case? Is that a foreboding that BB won't even bother stocking P2 in-store for a very long time?:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks