1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Weekly RoundUp 4-2-2019

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Mike Frezon, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

2. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Hey RoundUppers!

A couple of notes:

I pulled Best Buy's prices from their website again this week.

The RoundUp is a bit earlier than usual as I've got some stuff affecting my schedule for upcoming weeks and my routine is going to be off a bit. So, don't get confused by dates! ;)

A small week quantity-wise, but some rather high-profile (and interesting) titles this week. Have fun!

Robert Crawford and Jake Lipson like this.
  3. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Director
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    Thanks for another early RoundUp!

I do want to see Vice eventually, but I'll likely either rent or wait for the streaming price drastically drop. I don't see much else of interest for me this week.

4. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Lead Actor

Jake Lipson
    Thank you as always for all your hard work on this, Mike!

I have Bumblebee on the way from Amazon for next week, and with that statement, hell has officially frozen over. Having no interest in the Transformers franchise under Michael Bay, I went to this one because I love Travis Knight and because the reviews were actually good. I loved it. I still have no interest in Bay's version, but this was great and I hope they go forward making more like this and less like the others. So I'm really happy to buy it and show my support of this version. I'm also really looking forward to seeing it again.

That being said....it feels like an upside down world where I want to buy a recent Transformers franchise movie and don't care about getting a Harry Potter franchise movie. How times have changed.

5. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Nothing for me this week.

Thanks for the prices anyway, Mike! :)

6. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

Thanks Mike!

I liked Bumblebee a lot in theaters, and will probably pick it up at some point. But I can wait and pay ~$10 for the UHD three or four Black Fridays from now.

Robert Crawford and Jake Lipson like this.
  7. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Ditto. Since Paramount is not releasing a 3D format anywhere, I can wait until this appears in the Walmart dump bin or BF sale.

8. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Lead Actor

Jake Lipson
    Amazon shipped my pre-orders for this week today, which is a little earlier than they've done recently (usually I get shipping notice on Monday morning for Tuesday titles nowadays.) This week, they've gone with UPS for delivery of this package, which they haven't used in a while, and were smart enough to package two of my separate orders together.

Besides Bumblebee, I am also getting "Far From Agrabah," a tie-in novel which is the first thing I know of being released in support of the new Aladdin movie, which apparently details a previously-untold adventure that Aladdin and Jasmine have on their magic carpet ride. I am ridiculously excited to get this.

Jason_V likes this.
  9. SimonTC

SimonTC Auditioning

Simon
    "I liked Bumblebee a lot in theaters, and will probably pick it up at some point. But I can wait and pay ~$10 for the UHD three or four Black Fridays from now."
    "Ditto. Since Paramount is not releasing a 3D format anywhere, I can wait until this appears in the Walmart dump bin or BF sale."

It seems you're just making sure streaming will soon be the only option.

10. Message #10 of 17 Mar 31, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    David Norman

David Norman Producer

For folks that want Bumblebee earlier -- it appears Target has a $5 GC offer with the 4K, plus a 20% off Cartwheel
    I think both will apply in store though getting the GC option to work in-store has been a bit iffy and often is requiring intervention to get it to work.

Ordering online for In-store pickup won't be active until Tuesday, but I think when it is then you should be able to get the 20% off (+Redcard discount) and a $5 GC on Tuesday morning (usually after 3am ET). I think that should end up around $24 (and tax) with Redcard for the 4K release and $5 GC

Robert Crawford likes this.
  11. Jason_V

Jason_V Lead Actor

Jason
    Thanks David. This may make me bite on Bumblebee much earlier than I expected.

Jake Lipson likes this.
  12. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Lead Actor

Jake Lipson
    B-ROLL likes this.
  13. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    I believe we have had a few legitimate VHS releases over the past couple years, so that would not be totally off the wall if they wanted to release a retro version.

Jake Lipson likes this.
  14. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    That is correct as I placed my order about 3:30 a.m. and will be picking it up when they open at 8:00 a.m. My final purchase price was $15.43 as I used $10 in accumulated gift cards while they took $6 off for 20% Cartwheel discount. I'll get a $5 GC back once I pick up my order so a net loss of $5 in GC for me.

15. David Norman

David Norman Producer

Unfortunately the ISPU options seem pretty limited as a lot of the stores as saying no stock,

People posting after store openings on the East Coast say stock is definitely far more plentiful than the website is listing. Since Target went to the 3rd party stocker (?Ingram) to handle most of their Media Stock the online inventory at Brickseek and Target.com has become increasingly meaningless.

This means most of the Bumblebee deals will be walk in/pick up rather than online reserved pickup. My closest store allowing online ISPU option is 60 miles

Better news seems to be the GC add on and Cartwheel seem to be working smoothly.

16. B-ROLL

B-ROLL Cinematographer

Bryan
    They didn't have the stock on the shelves Monday night but Wal*mart did have the pricing up ... Bumblebee 4K was $27.99

17. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Lead Actor

Jake Lipson
    My copy of Bumblebee arrived from Amazon. The physical "Sector 7 Adventure: The Battle at Half Dome" comic book that is included with it is NOT inside the Blu-ray packaging itself but is shrinkwrapped against the case. I have no confirmation of this, but I think it's very possible that this could be a bonus just for people purchasing it early; it's very possible that, later on in the life of this release, when it's at bargain bin levels and the initial pressing has sold out, it will lose the physical comic book and have just the actual discs sold on their own.

The slipcover has a sticker on it which mentions the presence of the comic book, but the artwork on the case itself does not mention it at all, only the digital motion comic that's on the disc itself. So if you want the printed comic book -- which I like -- you might want to buy this sooner than later. Personally, I think the comic is a really nice touch and I'm glad that I have one.