What's new

Weekly Roundup 2/4 (1 Viewer)

Jodee

Screenwriter
Not sure if anyone noticed, but Comp USA had a tiny ad in their flyer for Six Feet Under @ $64.99.

This is the cheapest B&M price I have seen and might be good for price-matching.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Not sure if anyone noticed, but Comp USA had a tiny ad in their flyer for Six Feet Under @ $64.99
It musta been REALLY tiny, because I actually got a real flyer this week and looked it over pretty good, but didn't notice any DVD deals. What page is it on? I can check when I get home.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
FYI, my local Circuit City in Whitehall, PA had Predator 2 marked at $9.99 today. Needless to say I grabbed a copy. :D

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Went into super lazy mode today. Got up, looked outside, saw it was raining and ordered online. Driving Miss Daisy($13.99), Thelma & Louise($17.49), and Predator 2($11.24) will all be delivered to my front door. Later people, I'm going back to sleep. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Joe I did the same thing Yesterday ordered T&L and Sanford And Son 2nd Season from Circuit City online. Same price , no shipping, why not I can't tell you the amount of times I've gone there after work to find they sold their 3 copies of a sale title. I'm in no hurry to get these.

Jodee

Screenwriter
It musta been REALLY tiny, because I actually got a real flyer this week and looked it over pretty good, but didn't notice any DVD deals. What page is it on? I can check when I get home.
It's on page 10 and is very tiny.

There are 3 DVD sale prices listed, but 6FtU was the only price that was notable and lower than the competition:

Married w/Children - $17.99
6 Ft. Under - $64.99
Sweet Home Alabama - $19.99

I just got back form Circuit City who price-matched it for me with the ad, so I saved $5 off their sale price.

Jodee

Screenwriter
Wow! That has got to be the smallest ad I've ever seen for anything before.
Tell me about it. Now I know why they call those little pictures "thumbnails" although, I think my thumbnail is bigger than that! :)

I was happy I found it by accident last night when I was reading the ads. I was all prepard to pay $70 for this set so I'm glad Iwas able to save $5.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Dagnabit

My local Best Buy shows The Money Pit as in stock but can't seem to find it. Not on the shelves, not in back, nowhere.

:angry:

Jason Cald****

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone try to get a different season at BB with the 20 off deal? I wanted to get sex in the city 2 if possible.

Thanks

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Swung by Costco. They only had the 3 titles listed in the grid (I figured they would at least have Blue's Clues and Dora, since they tend to carry the other Paramount kidvid...but nope, they didn't). The price for Six Feet Under was $64.99, which is $5 less than what I put in the grid. Cool.

Called Target. The dude on the phone told me they DID have All In The Family S2, for $24.99. And Sanford & Son S2 was in stock, too. For the outrageous price of $34.99!! :eek: I asked him to double-check, and informed him that this price was $5 over the list price. He told me that this price was accurate. :frowning:

Ran by Circuit City. They had 2 copies of AitF-S2, 6 copies of Thelma & Louise...and were sold out of EVERY other new release you can think of! They sold out of an entire floor merchandiser of Sweet Home Alabama, even! Whoa.

Dinnertime was close, so we eschewed Best Buy for the moment (as it was a bit out of the way) and hit Wal-Mart. There I grabbed Married...With Children for $14.24, and saw Sweet Home Alabama for the same price. Dora and Blue's Clues were each $14.95, and my son could pick one so he asked for Dora.

I was told by a coworker, and a customer looking for it at CC said so also, that Good Time is "sold out all over town". Whoa.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
FWIW, I picked up Driving Miss Daisy tonight at my local Wal-Mart for $14.44. :emoji_thumbsup:

Scott_J.: Thanks for hitting me over the head with the obvious. I missed that thread completely. Probably, as you so aptly noted, because of its completely ambiguous title.

Dave: Happy Birthday to your little Superman! Or, has he moved on to Spiderman? Maybe DareDevil? :D

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Anyone in San Antonio found Dora? Best Buy's website says:

Dora The Explorer: Dora's Map Adventures Animat
In Stock - Usually ships in 2-3 business days
Not available for store pickup

I called several Wal-Marts and they didn't have any. *ponder*

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Mike, he still likes Superman, he now also enjoys Spider-Man. He sees the DD commercials, but really doesn't understand much...yet! :)

Overall, he's still a POWER RANGER. When that DVD hits on 4/1, I'm not gonna get any rest from it! :eek:

Andrea: The Dora (and Blues Clues) disc in my local Wal-Mart wasn't on the new release shelves, nor in the main section. Instead, I found it two other places: 1) In the section which used to be all-VHS and mostly KidVid, they have now devoted about a third of that aisle to kidvid DVD! Dora and Blue were right there next to Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown. The confusing thing is that they still have a little bit of kid stuff in the main aisle (like the latest Clifford the Big Red Dog disc); they probably just hadn't moved it yet. 2) The other place I found it was on the black wire rack that is OUTSIDE the electronics dept. This rack is standard to every Wal-Mart, so I'm sure you know the one: double-sided main section with two endcap areas, about as long as a standard Toyota. I found Dora and Blue's DVDs "hidden" in the tuck-around area at each end, around the side of the endcap part (the concentration of DVD copies were higher on the Disney DVD endcap end of the rack; the other side had more VHS's). If you find this rack and think about my words, you'll understand what I mean. If nothing else, ask for help; I did and she took me right to 'em! :)

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Thanks for the tip, Dave. I did call a few Wal-Marts and they said they didn't have any. But I'll go check for myself today.

Sounds like we both have a couple of Nick Jr. addicts. :)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Biggest week for me in a long while....Money Pit, All in the Family S2, Man Who Fell to Earth (on shelves a week early), Affair to Remember and Thelma & Louise SE. Also went back for Gentleman's Agreement SE. No sign of Mildred Pierce though, so I guess I'll have to try online for that one.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
After checking 2 Wal-Marts and 2 Targets, I finally found Dora and Blue at the second Target. I should have a happy camper on Valentine's Day.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
My girlfriend really liked "Sweet Home Alabama". (I've only seen about 15 minutes). I thought I'd be nice and pick it up at Wal-Mart when I was there the other night. I knew it was pretty cheap at Best Buy and Circuit City and figured they'd have had it priced accordingly. HAHAHA. 19.95 I believe. No sale. I didn't have the flyers with me to force a pricematch. The joys of living in a small town. It's not THAT far a drive to the other stores, but they must not spring for their flyers.
Looks like my Wal Mart will be up with K Mart for new releases soon. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation483
Recent bookmarks