What's new

Weekly RoundUp 1-3-2006 (1 Viewer)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Mike & Patrick,
Thanks for listing these prices and deals each week. You've saved me $$ during 2005 and I thank you. :)

It's hard work and alot of effort to do this for all of us. Nice to have one place to see all the deals.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I appreciate the hard work!

I'll snag the following:

W. Crashers Unrated with The Mask for $20
Dumb & Dumber Unrated for $12.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
As always, thanks Mike and Patrick. And Happy New Year to all!

I'll be getting All in the Family S5 this week, and will probably eventually pick up Wedding Crashers UR and Dumb & Dumber UR, when they drop in price.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
OK, before everyone gets all excited by the Gunsmoke set at Target: it seems AGAIN they messed up. I checked our stock today, and we only have the Volume One set (and that's all we are carrying), regular priced $29.99, will be on sale for $24.99. I don't understand why we aren't carrying Volume 2 or the set with both volumes together (the one mistakenly pictured in the ad). I sent the info to headquarters this morning and I will keep you all posted on what I hear.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Nah....

You're the good guy. This (I hope) is but a blip on the radar screen. Target has been sooooooo good up until these few recent slip-ups that I'm hoping things will soon go back into auto pilot for them.

Out of curiosity's sake, what is the reaction you get when you let the powers-that-be know about these mistakes in product/ordering, etc.? Are they glad to hear about it....or are they starting to run in the other direction when they see you comin'? :laugh:

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Eric, Thanks for the Heads Up on Gunsmoke, save me a trip to Target on what is going to be a very Snowy night. Off to Amazon to Order.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
If anyone was really interested in trying to get the Gunsmoke set for that price, you could always try price-matching the ad at another store that's stocking it.

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
All Stuart Little DE are MAR. Both the original DE & SL2 SE are the same as the last releases except you get the bonus SL3 preview disc. Wal Mart had them for $11.86 but didn't have the 3 pack with SL1,2 & 3 preview. CC & Target didn't have any.

Also, when did they change Dumb & Dumber to a one discer? Amazon still has it listed as 2 disc which is how it was originally announced. Mine is one disc. Target also didn't have D&D. I got it and Wedding Crashers at CC.

Thanks again, Mike & Patrick.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Bill: Thanks for doing the legwork on the Stuart Little discs. I have removed them from the RoundUp and have added a warning in the "Specials" section. Thanks.

aaron campbell

Second Unit
Just a quick FYI, I went to Circuit City for Wedding Crashers & The Cave. They offered me $5.00 off each title if I would apply for a charge/Visa. Walked out with both for $24.59. YMMV

Aaron

NeilO

Senior HTF Member

That is a real disappointment. I was hoping to finally be able to get a widescreen (OAR) version of the first film.

Neil

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Mike, glad to help. The Special Edition of SL2 that is packed with the bonus disc is both WS & FS which is why I picked it up with the SL3 preview disc. Both the packs with SL DE (the original) which is packed alone with the SL3 preview & in a 3 pack with SL2 & SL3 Preview contain a MAR only SL original. The releases of the first 2 SLs are identical to the last release of them. Foolscreen for the original & a both formats for the sequel. I guess the SL2 SE could go back into the roundup since it has OAR.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Well, okay, Bill. But my fingers are worn down to the bone from all these changes and correctin'. I may start charging you by the word! :D

Patrick.C

Second Unit
re: Stuart Little - I will never understand the studio's logic in doing this. Shrek is the same way. For some reason, if you want to buy a new copy of Shrek, it will be Foolscreen, while Shrek 2 is still widely available widescreen. Its not like Shrek and SL were never available widescreen - they just choose not to offer them for some reason.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was going to take advantage of BB's Wedding Crasher and one of the selected comedies for $20, but then I saw Wal-Mart's price of $12.77 for Wedding Crashers, so I bought it at Wal-Mart. YMMV.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I picked up Wedding Crashers "Uncorked" at a local Wal-Mart for $14.88. It included a 7 song soundtrack CD as a bonus.

Frank@N

Screenwriter

Ended up buying at Walmart too, but weren't they charging more for the bonus-disc shrink pack?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks