What's new

WBShop Free Shipping on Bluray-DVD orders over $15 until June 4,2017 (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Now the more important question -- if there anything worth mess with FS?

WAC BD are all full priced except one, so much cheaper to get from pretty much anywhere else.
4K I can't see anything decently priced
3D -- swing and a miss.
TV -- nothing

Thanks for hte heads up, but WB needs to try at least a little

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Thanks for hte heads up, but WB needs to try at least a little

The problem is WB doesn't run the site anymore. They sold their direct-to-consumer business to a company called Araca Merchandise that handles e-commerce. There's no history with the studio or the films there; the discs are simply one of many widgets that are sold on the site. Sadly, WB has nothing to do with the WB shop anymore.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
The problem is WB doesn't run the site anymore. They sold their direct-to-consumer business to a company called Araca Merchandise that handles e-commerce. There's no history with the studio or the films there; the discs are simply one of many widgets that are sold on the site. Sadly, WB has nothing to do with the WB shop anymore.

I know a lot of Studio sites have long separated from their parent studio

The sale in 2015 was to Bolder Road which essentially was run by a bunch or WB/ex-WB/Entertainment people at least -- they basically sliced off WB, Harry Potter, Hobbit, and Cartoon/DC and I can't see they have any other business interests. I can't find any information that Araca and WB are linked -- is Bolder Road a subgroup of Araca or is that a new thing.

You'd still think they want to sell things though. WBShop pre 2015 was basically a site for "what glitch is going to happen next" and believe me I got plenty of astounding deals. The first 6-9 months after the sale they did very little in way of promotions, but then started at least occasionally started having sales again. If you're going to go so far as having a Free Shipping deal you think they;d at least have a few items or group of items to act as kindling

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I thought they were still run by Bolder Road - I went to check before making my post and was surprised to see Araca listed at the bottom of the page. I'm not sure if it's a new thing or if it's Bolder Road under a different name or what.

I suspect that with WW opening this weekend, they're just trying to move a bunch of comic book-type merchandise. They're probably not willing to take the hit on disc-based product to boost sales. That everything is free shipping with no minimum, except for discs, probably speaks to that.

I don't buy as many titles as I'd like from WAC, and very few from the WB Shop, because of the high prices. I'm just not going to pay $21.99 for a DVD-R of a dated video master presented on disc without subtitles. When they have the 4/$44 sales, those are generally a good deal, but the shipping pretty much makes up for any discounts in the sale - it brings them to Amazon prices, basically.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I see that now. Going back the Araca I couldn't find anything about Warner in their "About Us" or googling Araca/WB or Araca/Bolder. Even in the Studio Section/Partners they list CBS, paramount, Sony, etc but not Warner.

In their employment section I did find a couple job openings however mentioning specifically WBSHOP and Warner so maybe it is something very new.

For an e-commerce intern
"We are looking for an eager and highly motivated E-Commerce Intern to work in our New York office. The Intern will assist with on-site merchandising, quality assurance for marketing campaign and promotion , and reporting for WBshop.com HarryPottershop.com HobbitShop.com ShopDCEntertainment.com and CartoonNetworkShop.com. "

and E-commerce Marketing Manager
"As we continue to expand our Studio e-commerce portfolio, which currently consists of operating official the online stores for Warner Bros., Sony Pictures Television, Cartoon Network, and Turner Broadcasting, we are hiring an E-Commerce Marketing Manager to help execute our online marketing initiatives out of our New York or Los Angeles office. Duties will include actively managing our SEM campaigns, SEO strategies, social marketing, affiliate program, retargeting campaigns, CRM initiatives, and more. The Manager will work with the EVP of E-Commerce Business Development to rapidly and efficiently grow revenue."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks