What's new

Warner Archive Bluray Anniversary Sale at MovieZyng.com-- 4 for $49 MARCH 22 through APRIL 2, 2022 (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Warner Archive Anniversary Sale hosted by MovieZyng -- the official direct storefront of Allied Vaughn who actually have produced the WAC discs for years (as well as Paramount, Universal, and Sony MOD discs)

Sale will run from MARCH 22 to APRIL 2 (SALE DOESN'T START UNTIL TUESDAY)
4 titles (single disc Blurays 21.99 or less titles) for $49 plus shipping.
Add Code Archive13 at checkout

It doesn't mention DVDs so for now it appears to be BD only.
If my basic count is right it seems to be around 300 Blurays. I'm assuming it will not include preorders, but it doesn't mention the normal 60-90 day
release date restriction that most previous sale have had

l0hf1WL.jpeg

Lower 48 Shipping is $2.49 for the first item plus $0.50 for each added item
Internationally -- shipping listed $7.99 for the 1st and $2 for added titles. It used to be dirt cheap, but costs are double to triple what it was 2 years ago.
I'm not sure which states add sales tax yet and I don't know how they handle VAT/IOSS

I will assume that extra codes will not stack, but MovieZyng normally has a 10% off code SAFEOPT10. Worth a try until someone tries and reports

MovieZyng appears to accept Credit Card, Debit, Paypal, and Venmo

In general, this is an OK sale especially if it includes the whole Catalog and if no sales tax is applied.
It's certainly not in the 4/44 league or the better BN or Deep Discount Sales especially since there doesn't appear to be a Free Shipping threshhold, BUT since none of those sales appear destined to return.

Over the last year, the Target B2G1 deals and random Amazon Price drops have cleaned most of my wishlist, but it's incredibly frustrating trying to catch Amazon price drops and enough in-stock items at Target to make it worth the time it takes to stay on top.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Can items that go out of stock still be ordered or is sale limited to in stock items only? I don't believe preorders are included in the list linked to above as I didn't see "A Star is Born" (1937) March 29th release date or "Captains of the Clouds" March 22 release date.

Thanks

Last edited:

Malcolm Bmoor

Second Unit
Real Name
Malcolm Blackmoor
Took a while to notice that the mere 50C discount per disc was improved by a 4 for $49 offer.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
It'll be interesting to see if Amazon takes the bait, and suddenly matches these prices, as it always does
whenever Barnes and Noble has a 50% off Criterion Sale.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Can items that go out of stock still be ordered or is sale limited to in stock items only? I don't believe preorders are included in the list linked to above as I didn't see "A Star is Born" (1937) March 29th release date or "Captains of the Clouds" March 22 release date.

Thanks

No idea on any details. This is the first real sale MZ has ever done (which will be interesting by itself) so everything is a YMMV for now. The list I linked has nothing to do with the sale specifically, it's just the Warner BD titles listed by price .

Pretty much everything known specifically about the sale is in that banner. The rest of the stuff I pulled from their website and FAQs

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
EDIT:

"Lower 48 Shipping is $2.49 for the first item plus $0.50 for each added item
Internationally -- shipping listed $7.99 for the 1st and $2 for added titles.
I'm not sure which states add sales tax yet and I don't know how they handle VAT/IOSS"

It appears the MovieZyng is in some state of flux. Main Shipping Faq has now changed Continental US shipping to $2.99 1st Item + $1each additional

Be aware if you look around the site too much, there do appear to be at least 3 different shipping statements about cost so they are updating what appears to be the main FAQ, but haven't quite purged all the old information yet some of which appear to be 1-2 years old. The update also appears to be the way the items are priced in the Cart -- 4 items now with $6 shipping

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It'll be interesting to see if Amazon takes the bait, and suddenly matches these prices, as it always does
whenever Barnes and Noble has a 50% off Criterion Sale.

Never known Amazon to match most of these type sites. They never matched WBShop nor sites like Deep Discount, Kino, Shout, Arrow, etc UNLESS a National like Walmart, Target, BN, BBY was involved.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A couple answers from MovieZyng

When
The coupon code should activate at midnight US Central time.

What
This particular sale is for Blu-ray only. There are a little over 350 total Blu-ray movie titles on the promotion. Unfortunately, there won’t be any TV series on promotion. I hope that we may be able to do something with those in the future. But, we’re very excited to bring the current promotion to WB fans as it’s the first big sale in just over a year.

In regard to EU and I think UK orders with the VAT issues still in the air. I asked if they'd take orders and ship when they get the Vat/Ioss stuff straighted out -- no joy. I assume Vyking may be a Forwarder of some sort
From their FAQ "
  • ** Note - due to recent VAT collection requirements we are temporarily unable to ship to European Union countries. We can ship to England. We expect to be able to ship to Europe by May1, 2022. "

We can’t take the orders and hold them while we wait for Europe to open up. But, here is a website to check out.
https://www.vykingship.com/
I’ve had several other overseas customers use them as a US shipping point and then have Vyking consolidate their orders and ship them to their Europe address.
We’re working to get pre-paid VAT collection implemented – but for the next 45 days, Vyking may be an option.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sale is live

ARCHIVE13! with the exclamation point, capitalization appears optional

I tried to get the 10% code to stack, but whichever code I entered 2nd kicked out the 1st code.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Sale is live

ARCHIVE13! with the exclamation point, capitalization appears optional

I tried to get the 10% code to stack, but whichever code I entered 2nd kicked out the 1st code.
David, thank you so very much though that something was wrong, that !, made all the difference :D

compson

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
It’s recognizing the code for me and telling me it’s giving me a big discount, but it’s not.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I guess what items and what;s the price?

It was working for me earlier without a problem --
4 itmes Regular $86
Discount $37
Shipping $5.96

Total $55 (I didn't go through the full checkout ), but the number look right.

Are you adding an ineligible item or maybe a differnet shipping speed (or maybe AK/HI?)?

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
David, thank you so very much though that something was wrong, that !, made all the difference :D

But just one exclamation point -- adding 6 or 7 trying to be cool multiplies the price by triple (am I the only one that posting style drives absolutely crazy) esp when one sentence has 12 question marks, the next 10 exclamation points, and the next line 20 ellipses. I just want to strangle these heathens

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Hmmm... $13.75/title. I've been doing better just waiting for Amazon to price drop those titles. I'm thinking I'll sit it out...
Interesting no Blu ray Captains Of The Clouds listed or TWWOTBG?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Interesting no Blu ray Captains Of The Clouds listed or TWWOTBG?

Captains of the Clouds and A Star is Born (1937) release today. Normally MZ would have had a preorder up a couple weeks ago, but I wondered if they were going to wait until after the sale ended to add them. I'm still hoping for the next week or so.

Brothers Grimm wouldn't be in the sale anyway, but they don't have a preorder either.

The Amazon prices have been nice for the small recent selections they drop, but I haven't noticed any (or many) of the pre-2021 releases being in their price drops. It's nice to get the newer items when they do drop since I pretty much wiped out my wishlist with the old 4/44 sales, but for those who just got into WAC or had a big backlog, Amazon has done nothing for them

And the international customers are having a field day getting these for at least 50% below there previous options. A couple AUS, at least one person in the UK, quite a few Canadians have made BIG orders. I suspect if the EU issues had been fixed, the number of orders would be quite a bit higher

So far the website has held up exceedingly well and some customers already had dispatch notices. In addition, the 2-3 people (including me) who have contacted MZ in the last few days have received very nice responses within a few hrs (live, well written, and polite) which is distinctly different than anyone that ever tried to contact WBShop. So far most everyone has been very pleased with MovieZyng.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
So far most everyone has been very pleased with MovieZyng.
Yeah. I just ordered five titles.

Original total $114.15.

After discount $68.20 (incl. shipping)

$13.64/title. (Originally $22.83/title)

A Night at the Opera
A Little Romance
Gold Diggers of 1933
My Favorite Year
Pat and Mike

Immediately after I placed the order I received a confirmation notice from "Hollywood Shop." Plus a receipt from PayPal.

Easy Peasy.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yeah. I just ordered five titles.

Original total $114.15.

After discount $68.20 (incl. shipping)

$13.64/title. (Originally $22.83/title)

A Night at the Opera
A Little Romance
Gold Diggers of 1933
My Favorite Year
Pat and Mike

Immediately after I placed the order I received a confirmation notice from "Hollywood Shop." Plus a receipt from PayPal.

Easy Peasy.

I haven';t quite figured out the Hollywood Shop yet, but sometimes when I go to the links it has a MZ header, other times the Hollywood Shop Header. Same exact site with only a minor difference in the address (suite 150 vs suite 49) and copyright. The checkout screen appears to be the same exact. Suite 150 is actually the mailing address for Allied Vaughn so obviously they are all the same.
I'd never seen the "Hollywood Shop' designation until a few dyas ago so I wondered if they were trying to channel a bit of WBShop

Even stranger, my MZ signin wouldn't work for Hollywood Shop page so I reregistered. After signing in I noticed different registration dates and my cart items were different so there is some odd separation there though it seems to flow to the same endpoint across the hall from each other.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Right. My PayPal receipt shows the recipient to be Allied Vaughn.

While the Hollywood Shop confirmation email repeatedly references Movie Zyng and says it is a "Movie Zyng powered store." :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks