What's new

MOVIEZYNG WARNER ARCHIVE SALE 4 for $49 + S/H -- March 23 through March 31st (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
WARNER ARCHIVE SALE

Assuming for now it will run like the prior sale:

Sale will run from MARCH 23 through MARCH 31 (SALE DOESN'T START UNTIL THURSDAY)
4 titles (single disc Blurays 21.99 or less titles) for $49 plus shipping/handling.
Add Code ARCHIVE14 at checkout (not sure if the capitalization is necessary, but the 1st sale it was)
Prior Sales started a bit after Midnight ET if memory serves

This seems to be single disc 21.99 (or less) BD. No 4K, multidisc sets, nor DVD.
If my basic count is right it seems to be around 312 Blurays. Latest release item included appears to be December titles

Lower 48 Shipping is $2.99 for the first item plus $0.99 for each added item. Sales Tax on prior sales have only been for Illinois
Internationally -- shipping listed $7.99 for the 1st and $2 for added titles. It used to be dirt cheap, but costs are double to triple what it was 2 years ago.
VAT is still an issue and I'm not sure if they've gotten UK back under it's Shipping Banner.

Prior sales have had remarkably fast shipping and most people have gotten well packed boxes for their orders. Most International purchasers have been very pleased though I guess
there has to be an exception

And to hopefully eliminate the arguments -- the shipping appears to be non-negotiable and a known factor so just pretend it's a 4 for $55 sale with FS and each added item $13.25.
No it's not as good as the old sales, but there are no old sales anymore. BN no longer has their excellent sales, Target quit carrying all the ALLIED VAUGHN releases over a year ago, Deep Discount hasn't had even a minor WAC sale in 12-18 months.
AMAZON has had some excellent deals on SOME newer releases so double check CamelCamelCamel for a historical price, but 1/2 - 2/3 of the releases over the last 2.5 yrs never go on sale and virtually none of the pre-2021 releases have have even marginal sales.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Thank you for letting us know. I have a few Warner Archive titles I haven't yet got around to buying so I'll see if they're included in this sale.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Weird. Anyone else find their account has been wiped of previous order history?

I just decided to check, and mine seems wiped (although I really only got around to placing 1 order a year ago)... I also had to reset my password -- at first, wasn't sure if I really just forgot it, but given the wipe, they may have reset my password too.

_Man_

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Weird. Anyone else find their account has been wiped of previous order history?

I just decided to check, and mine seems wiped (although I really only got around to placing 1 order a year ago)... I also had to reset my password -- at first, wasn't sure if I really just forgot it, but given the wipe, they may have reset my password too.

_Man_

MovieZyng has an odd website that sort of points to 2 separate but mostly equal sites. there is some minor differences in Address at the bottom, but in the same building.

One has a Hollywood Store header and the other doesn't Everything looks identical except the order history and something about Account Established is different. Sometimes when I go on a clean browser I get routed to one or the
other. I have no idea why it exists, but one of my accts with the same email is 3 years older than the other.

I used to be able to force my way to one site or the other, but I've either forgotten how to do it or they've changed to only allow you to get to one of them and the variant is hidden

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Hmmm... Guess Rancho Notorious isn't included in this sale -- didn't get the discount for it when adding via search function... Guess it has to be listed under the WAC sale search results (from the banner link) to qualify.

_Man_

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hmmm... Guess Rancho Notorious isn't included in this sale -- didn't get the discount for it when adding via search function... Guess it has to be listed under the WAC sale search results (from the banner link) to qualify.

_Man_

Too new -- only releases through the end of Dec. As far as I can tell none of the 2023 items are allowed. Most WAC sales over the years had a 60-90 day exclusion. Once it was 6 months and WBShop got a lot of grief though it wasn't their fault I'm sure

More confusing it appears the $19.99 BD (about 20 I think) are excluded.

Last edited:

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
WARNER ARCHIVE SALE

Assuming for now it will run like the prior sale:

Sale will run from MARCH 23 through MARCH 31 (SALE DOESN'T START UNTIL THURSDAY)
4 titles (single disc Blurays 21.99 or less titles) for $49 plus shipping/handling.
Add Code ARCHIVE14 at checkout (not sure if the capitalization is necessary, but the 1st sale it was)
Prior Sales started a bit after Midnight ET if memory serves

This seems to be single disc 21.99 (or less) BD. No 4K, multidisc sets, nor DVD.
If my basic count is right it seems to be around 312 Blurays. Latest release item included appears to be December titles

Lower 48 Shipping is $2.99 for the first item plus $0.99 for each added item. Sales Tax on prior sales have only been for Illinois
Internationally -- shipping listed $7.99 for the 1st and $2 for added titles. It used to be dirt cheap, but costs are double to triple what it was 2 years ago.
VAT is still an issue and I'm not sure if they've gotten UK back under it's Shipping Banner.

Prior sales have had remarkably fast shipping and most people have gotten well packed boxes for their orders. Most International purchasers have been very pleased though I guess
there has to be an exception

And to hopefully eliminate the arguments -- the shipping appears to be non-negotiable and a known factor so just pretend it's a 4 for $55 sale with FS and each added item $13.25.
No it's not as good as the old sales, but there are no old sales anymore. BN no longer has their excellent sales, Target quit carrying all the ALLIED VAUGHN releases over a year ago, Deep Discount hasn't had even a minor WAC sale in 12-18 months.
AMAZON has had some excellent deals on SOME newer releases so double check CamelCamelCamel for a historical price, but 1/2 - 2/3 of the releases over the last 2.5 yrs never go on sale and virtually none of the pre-2021 releases have have even marginal sales.
Thanks for the heads up, I did find some that I wanted. and even got a gift for a friend. Knowing WB would never put a box set out of Thin Man series, I was able to get all 6 movies for a little over $12 a piece!!

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
This was a nice sale. Earlier this week I was able to order these 9 BDs:

Chain Lightning
Dial M for Murder
Drunken Master II
The Last of Sheila
Mark of the Vampire
The Night of the Iguana
Rachel, Rachel
Stage Fright
They Were Expendable

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
You know your weekend is off to a great start when the shipment of movies you bought in the sale, expected to arrive next Monday, arrives at your door on Friday afternoon.

0B53F89E-5C95-476D-B2E5-17326FC78157.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks