What's new

Warner Archive Bluray Anniversary Sale at MovieZyng.com-- 4 for $49 MARCH 22 through APRIL 2, 2022 (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Anyone hanging out thinking of an order -- it appears MZ is monitoring the deals thread at Bluray.com and read about Ivanhoe's price being screwed up (29.99 instead of 21.99) and have or will fix it soon so it will be allowed in the sale.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
As expected, some of the high volume internationals have gone crazy with this sale. Biggest order Ive heard so far is around 70 titles

I imagine if the EU Vat situation was fixed already there would be more of thes bigger orders.

Yeoman007

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rick
My thanks also. I placed an order for 28 films on the first day, then for 12 more two days later. Got the shipping notice for the first order that same afternoon, and the shipping notice for the second order the next day. I'm actually covered for all WAC releases I want. :eek:

At least until the next release. ;)

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Thanks, David, for starting this thread and sharing the news about this sale. I was able to catch up on some titles I’ve wanted and it was cheaper than dealing with Amazon.

I purchased 15 titles today. Could have gotten a few more, but soon I will dive into the Kino sale. From $319.65 + $16.85 shipping down to a final total of $198.65 is quite nice.

Here’s my haul:

A Night at the Opera
Another Thin Man
Shadow Of The Thin Man
The Thin Man Goes Home
Song of the Thin Man
Blood Alley
The Cyclops
Dark of the Sun
Flying Leathernecks
Guns for San Sebastian
House of Wax
Never So Few
Prince of the City
She Wore a Yellow Ribbon
The Sea Chase

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Kept my order smaller in part because I unexpectedly went a bit nutz w/ the concurrent Powerhouse/Indicator sale (and still have a big batch to order from the Kino sale): :P

Stage Fright
Edge of Darkness
The Naked Spur
Reversal of Fortune
Sea Hawk
A Night at the Opera

_Man_

Suzanne.S

Second Unit
Real Name
Suzanne
I received my order today. I just went with four because I ordered a bunch from Kino that were new to my collection rather than spending my now very limited budget on upgrades.

I bought:
Mad Love
Stage Fright
Gold Diggers of 1933
Doctor X

I was surprised at how quickly they arrived. Same with Kino, that 17 disc order arrived yesterday. I placed both orders on Sunday night.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Decided at the last minute to do this.

Papillon
A Patch Of Blue
Cimarron
The Bad And The Beautiful
Two Weeks In Another Town
The Opposite Sex

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Received my order. Shipping was pretty fast. Ordered on Wednesday March 30th. Received package on Monday April 4th. No loose discs.

Last edited:

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
The company provided fast and excellent service during this sale. No complaints here on my 10-disc order.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Despite my worries about the small company being able to handle this big of a sale, MZ has done an amazing job.

Good stock, email confirmations on orders and shipment have been prompt, turnaround time from order to shipment has been beyond excellent, good to great packaging. They fixed a couple website issues almost immediately. Several internationals have already received orders without any major mishaps. The CSR have answered emails promptly and often within hrs as well as being pleasant to deal with. I'm not sure I've heard of one real complaint other than folks griping about th prices not being as good as the old 4/44 sales or having no Free Shipping threshhold.

For all the rants about poor packaging and the willingness to pay for S/H to get well packed and safe deliveries, when it comes down to the ordering 90-95% of those exact same people won't do it or will complain endlessly when it comes down to the $$$.

I haven't even heard of people missing items or wrong items being packed/delivered which is incredibly rare for any retailer large or small.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Received mine today. Ordered 3/25. I only ordered four discs. Shipped in an oversized box, but there was packing material inside that kept things from banging around.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Appears I jumped the gun on the missing Summer Sale. I'll piggyback on the previous thread unless someone wants a separate thread. New SALE was just announce and this time they are including a lot of the DVD as well as Bluray.

STARTING MONDAY AUGUST 8

MovieZyng WAC SALE 4 for $49 -- AUGUST 8 through 14

WarnerBanner-0822-320x80.png

I will assume the general shipping and rules will be the same otherwise.
4 items shipped to an US address seems to be $5.96 (+0.99 ea added item), but no sales tax outside IL so some help for most of the country. Unless they change their mind (doubtful) there isn't a FS threshold nor flat rate option. I do think they send my small order Priority Mail with the first sale.

330 Blu-rays and 1200 DVDs appear to be in the current list (filter by DISCTYPE in the left margin)
Unfortunately I can't get some of the filters to work (esp the sort by Newest Release)

No this isn't as good a deal as the old 4/44 sales and for many of more recent releases since Amazon has done a good job with pricing on many of the items, but for the rest of the catalog and those newer items that have been very stubborn on pricing this may be the best option

The last sale was amazing in scope, how smoothly it ran, and the speed of order processing for both US, AUS and UK customers. I think there was an issue with EU Vat permissions which blocked orders from those addresses, but MZ/Allied Vaughn said they were working on and were hoping to have fixed by May

There seems to be a couple of website fronts -- one with the header listing The Hollywood Store and the other MovieZyng.
The backend seems to be similar, but in the previous sale my login for MovieZyng wouldn't always work for the HollywoodStore variation

Last edited:

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Appears I jumped the gun on the missing Summer Sale. I'll piggyback on the previous thread unless someone wants a separate thread. New SALE was just announce and this time they are including a lot of the DVD as well as Bluray.

STARTING MONDAY AUGUST 8

MovieZyng WAC SALE 4 for $49 -- AUGUST 8 through 14

WarnerBanner-0822-320x80.png

I will assume the general shipping and rules will be the same otherwise.
4 items shipped to an US address seems to be $5.96 (+0.99 ea added item), but no sales tax outside IL so some help for most of the country. Unless they change their mind (doubtful) there isn't a FS threshold nor flat rate option. I do think they send my small order Priority Mail with the first sale.

330 Blu-rays and 1200 DVDs appear to be in the current list (filter by DISCTYPE in the left margin)
Unfortunately I can't get some of the filters to work (esp the sort by Newest Release)

No this isn't as good a deal as the old 4/44 sales and for many of more recent releases since Amazon has done a good job with pricing on many of the items, but for the rest of the catalog and those newer items that have been very stubborn on pricing this may be the best option

The last sale was amazing in scope, how smoothly it ran, and the speed of order processing for both US, AUS and UK customers. I think there was an issue with EU Vat permissions which blocked orders from those addresses, but MZ/Allied Vaughn said they were working on and were hoping to have fixed by May

There seems to be a couple of website fronts -- one with the header listing The Hollywood Store and the other MovieZyng.
The backend seems to be similar, but in the previous sale my login for MovieZyng wouldn't always work for the HollywoodStore variation
wonder if adv of don juan will be eligible

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
So far the 2 July releases aren't listed so I'll assume not though there were a couple titles that were a bit of a surprise. The March sale, they excluded the March releases and didn't even have the usual preorder listing to prevent confusion. Still better than the past sale with 60-90 day blocks (or one sale with 6 month exclusion).

I couple things -- the last sale started 1am ET and ended a bit after 2am ET. Since they are an Illinois company the first was somewhat unexpected, the latter most figured was a glitch.

Since most of the DVDs are priced at 17.99/19.99 MSRP there is a bit of unknown what the price will be - nearly 700 of the 1200 listed DVD are MSRP $17.99 and another 300 are 19.99. The March sale if you ordered 4 19.99 BD it ended up $41 +S/H for 4 title

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It appears they started Midnight ET this sale

Also it looks like all items are the same price.

I tried 4 $17.99 DVD, 4 $ 19.99 BD, and 4 $21.99 BD -- all combinations are $49 + shipping.
Like last sale each additional after 4th is 12.25 + 0.99 shipping

The Goodbye Girl Blu-ray seems to be part of the sale, but is mislabeled.
Searching by the correct UPC 888574453145 brings up a non-WAC title, but the whole description is for the Goodbye Girl and listed as a Bluray. I'm not sure if there are any other glitches yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks