What's new

WB Announcements: Flintstones, Top Cat, Batman, Superman (1 Viewer)

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
I think the delay to January 2005 is a good thing. Have you seen the December 2004 DVDrelease calendar? All the big summer movies are being released ontop of countless special editions and TV releases. December is going to be swamped. Seriously, seriously swamped. Batman and Superman surely would have gotten overlooked in the process. I know us fans wouldn't miss these releases, but casual fans would likely overlook it, and the orders wouldn't be strong for it. By moving it to January, WB has assured more time for marketing and a relatively safe release. January isn't a huge month for DVD releases usually, so Batman and Superman won't get lost under the glut of holiday releases.

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
Always good to hear from you Jim, thanks for the links.

I was wondering if you heard if WB has looked ahead to future Volume releases for these shows, or am I getting ahead of myself?

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Put me in the camp that thinks that the delay from December to January is actually a good thing for these releases. They are allowed to stand out more on 1/25, as January is not usually a strong month for releases anyway, given that all the heavy hitters come out in December.

Plus, its not just that there is a lot of Animation coming out Dec. 7, its also just a packed month for DVD releases on the whole.

I think it was a smart move to move them back.

Just IMO of course.

Herb Kane

Screenwriter
Unfortunately, I just received this from WB:
-------------------------------------------

Dear Journalist:

This is a notification to inform you that the street date of Warner Home Video’s DVD release of "The Man Called Flintstone," has been postponed.

Please disregard the previously announced release date of December 7, 2004, as it no longer applies. We will announce a new street date in the coming weeks.

We thank you for your understanding. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions you might have.

Best regards.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
:angry: :angry: :angry:

Easily my most anticipated release of the year!!!

If this is delayed 3+ months and eventually pops up in some bargain bin in a cheap snapper case I'll be furious!

I can understand the delay of the season sets given the influx of animated properties and series flooding the holiday market... but this?!?!?

I really hope this is just a temporary delay (couple of weeks) and that none of the specs, cover art or packaging are altered...

:frowning:

ChrisPearson

Second Unit
Looking on the bright side, this could mean we are getting some extras. I'm prepared to wait – 7 December is a packed day for cartoon fans as it is.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
While this is dissapointing hopefully it will be to add some extras and correct the aspect ratio. This was a theatrical rlease and was shown at 1.75:1. Anamorphic enhancement on this title would be great. I can't wait for that.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Yeah Columbia recently took alot of heat for releasing Castle Keep "Pan 'N Scan" and corrected it by re-releasing it Widescreen so maybe Warners are trying to correct this title before it comes out. To be fair though this film was probably done open matte although it would be better to see it as shown in the theater and anamorphic.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I inquired about that back in August (post #31) about the correct aspect ratio for "The Man Called Flintstone". I knew beforehand that it was originally a theatrical release which baffled me as to why it was being released full frame. If the reason for the delay is so they can correct it, then more power to them! I'm willing to wait.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
With the next wave coming out on Tuesday with Top Cat & Flintstones, does anyone know when we will know what they have coming up next since most likely it is coming in March (possibly on March 22 since that is when A Man Called Flintstone is coming out)? Last year the news came out in Janaury, but that was their first wave so I would have figured something would be known already.

Paul

Strange about "A Man Called Flinstones". My regular retailer lists it as in stock, and have already reserved a copy for me at their warehouse. And in addition to that, their supplier also have stock.

I will e-mail them about this, and post back. Looks like some copies may have slipped out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.